Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: p5 Move up

Default Re: p5 Move up

Also this is not Tulane, BYU, Liberty we do not have the resources and the donors they have. We are public institution we have to rely on other means. Like our popularity and our large alumni.

Teams like Texas A&M and Texas, Missouri have both!!

Already think i know how to do it they just got to implement the plan, and if it dont work then i am wrong and we are just destined to remain just the way we are.

Until we exhausted every avenue i am not losing faith in this University. Problem is they havent even tried!

Oh I agree with you fully and I think there is a very real opportunity for UL to reach full parking lot and full stadium on gameday. but it's not going to happen using the current marketing approach of "we have a football team in your back yard so be considerate and support them"

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Oh I agree with you fully and I think there is a very real opportunity for UL to reach full parking lot and full stadium on gameday. but it's not going to happen using the current marketing approach of "we have a football team in your back yard so be considerate and support them"
    Yup, slap each other on the back and congratulate each other, then dine on bacon wrapped shrimp.

I don't believe anymore that anyone presently in G5 will see a opportunity to move up to P4. Guessing about 10 years from now the P4 will slim down by at least 20 schools further swelling the G5 (or G7?) ranks. Our ceiling is ascending towards the top of the G5, a perennial Top 60 football program. We need multiple 10-11 win football seasons, making the CFP and multiple men's basketball NCAA bids to be in a "top of G5" conversation. A good start will be winning big this 2024 football season.

Every Cajuns game should be a party. Every sport.

It should be wild. It should be fun. It should be Cajun and it should be ragin.

We don't need three more assistant directors of Marketing. We need one person in charge of making the gameday experience fun again.

If the games have a reputation of being a good time, then your record/opponent/etc don't matter nearly as much

No chance

Our media market is useless to the P4 conferences, and we aren't even the most popular school in Lafayette
    True but ironic since thats all they want to call us

Every Cajuns game should be a party. Every sport.

It should be wild. It should be fun. It should be Cajun and it should be ragin.

We don't need three more assistant directors of Marketing. We need one person in charge of making the gameday experience fun again.

If the games have a reputation of being a good time, then your record/opponent/etc don't matter nearly as much
    Maybe the games were more fun and more ragin when we were young, because, nobody was in charge, we didnt need to be told about a game day experience

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    I don't believe anymore that anyone presently in G5 will see a opportunity to move up to P4. Guessing about 10 years from now the P4 will slim down by at least 20 schools further swelling the G5 (or G7?) ranks. Our ceiling is ascending towards the top of the G5, a perennial Top 60 football program. We need multiple 10-11 win football seasons, making the CFP and multiple men's basketball NCAA bids to be in a "top of G5" conversation. A good start will be winning big this 2024 football season.
    When the p4 sends teams back down, the g5 should black ball them and make them slide further down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information