Thread: Blake Anderson Fired

1. Default Blake Anderson Fired

I know it is not Cajun related per say, but former Coach of Arkansas State, Blake Anderson was fired from Utah State. This story seems crazy and not all is out right now, but the story goes that he violated the terms of his contract. According to the report after an external review found that he failed to comply with Title IX policies regarding the reporting of sexual misconduct cases.

Apparently, he was hiding either sexual misconduct or domestic violence and/or both.

This story is going to get worse before it gets better, I believe.

Stay tuned for more.

Default Re: Blake Anderson Fired

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know it is not Cajun related per say, but former Coach of Arkansas State, Blake Anderson was fired from Utah State. This story seems crazy and not all is out right now, but the story goes that he violated the terms of his contract. According to the report after an external review found that he failed to comply with Title IX policies regarding the reporting of sexual misconduct cases.

Apparently, he was hiding either sexual misconduct or domestic violence and/or both.

This story is going to get worse before it gets better, I believe.

Stay tuned for more.
    He’s had a rough go of it lately. Thought he was a POS when he was at stAte then felt compassion with what was going on with his wife and cancer. Really don’t know all the details but from what I’ve heard someone reported some kind of sexual misconduct to him regarding one of his players and he did the investigation himself. He concluded nothing inappropriate happened instead of running it up the ladder as per school policy.

Mullet told me he is hoping Anderson returns to UL to call the plays this fall.

Anderson is suing Utah State to get his buyout. Apparently they claim he was fired for violating contract clauses and therefore are not obligated to pay the buyout. Anderson was also getting pressure from fans as they were not happy with 2 straight seasons of 6 and 7 records. Apparently They did not have the buyout money available and this route allowed them to make a change without paying him. At least that is his version of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Apparently, he was hiding either sexual misconduct or domestic violence
    Has that been confirmed? I read that he may have also tried to investigate the matter himself, instead of turning it over to the "Office of Equity".

How many coaches do you think would immediately run to the Office of Equity if one of his players got into legal trouble?

Thread Information