Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Greaux the KREWE!

Default Re: Greaux the KREWE!

This is a practical approach to getting your regular fans involved. I've given a little a couple of times since it started. Gave a little more this morning.

2. Default Re: Greaux the KREWE!

If we have nearly 8000 fans become Krewe members, each giving just $10.00 month, which is like another netflix subscription, we can annually generate $1m to help fund our program. But if we don't, we won't. The collegiate landscape has drastically changed with the recent revenue share for the P5 and if we don't grow our own NIL collective, we simply won't be able to compete. We need to the be the leader in the G5 NIL Collective space and we can do it if we all just give $10, or more, per month. Please educate and share the goals of our athletic program and help our fans understand that if we don't, we won't. Its that simple. Geaux Cajuns !

Quote Originally Posted by ecajuns View Post
    If we have nearly 8000 fans become Krewe members, each giving just $10.00 month, which is like another netflix subscription, we can annually generate $1m to help fund our program. But if we don't, we won't. The collegiate landscape has drastically changed with the recent revenue share for the P5 and if we don't grow our own NIL collective, we simply won't be able to compete. We need to the be the leader in the G5 NIL Collective space and we can do it if we all just give $10, or more, per month. Please educate and share the goals of our athletic program and help our fans understand that if we don't, we won't. Its that simple. Geaux Cajuns !
    I think part of that education as you mention needs to be how the NIL will be paid out. Coach Deggs explained how the NIL will be set up for his program. It is vital that the program educates the very people they want to invest into their athletes. So, yes please educate, but educate exactly how NIL will be paid out, Performance and Incentivized?

4. Default Re: Greaux the KREWE!

NIL by law cannot be paid for performance/incentive. This is not to say that it doesnt happen but you will never see that in writing with a player. values paid per player typically depends on various factors, usually with specific input from their respective coaches. There are sites that also put NIL value on players which can be used as a barometer. A walk on will obvioulsy not garner as much as your all american.

NIL by law cannot be paid for performance/incentive. This is not to say that it doesnt happen but you will never see that in writing with a player. values paid per player typically depends on various factors, usually with specific input from their respective coaches. There are sites that also put NIL value on players which can be used as a barometer. A walk on will obvioulsy not garner as much as your all american.
    Sat there and watched an hour presentation for NIL rollout for Cajun Baseball. It was sold on and illustrated exactly how it would have paid out for athletes this past year. DeBarge would have garnered over $17K in NIL based upon performance in the classroom, community service practices beginning in the fall, during the season for being named SBC player of the week, multiple times, All-Conference and All-American. Every person that attended that presentation watched the same information I was presented. Are you saying that's incorrect?

6. Default Re: Greaux the KREWE!

that is correct. performance stats on the field cannot be determining factor

Yet they can be paid just for being on the team.

We really are teaching our kids real life lessons.

that is correct. performance stats on the field cannot be determining factor
    Well perhaps I didn't completely understand it. So maybe there is a component that pays all signees a base NIL and there is also an opportunity to earn additional funds through performance. But the performance incentives were definitely sold, that is not a misunderstanding. I will wait until there is clarification on this question, perhaps I wasn't supposed to let the cat out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Yet they can be paid just for being on the team.

We really are teaching our kids real life lessons.
    This is where the line is drawn for me. Others can make their own determination if that is something they want to support. But what is clear, some clarification needs to be made on NIL ASAP.

This is good marketing. I did $10/month primarily because it is a well executed and communicated strategy.

I’m still not sure about how I feel about NIL and college sports in general. But for 10 bucks we can just see how this goes

11. Default Re: Greaux the KREWE!

You guys write all the checks you want to lure kids to play sports at UL. IMO, NIL was created for businesses like Service Chevrolet to be able to pay athletes to "endorse" their brands. It wasn't meant for fans of a program to fork out cash through some thinly veiled collective to pay for them to come to school. If that's the case, just cut out the pretense of them having to go to class and maintain an adequate GPA. Just make them contract workers for the school and let them collect a check. Taking that idea a little bit further, two classifications of athletes could be made. One would be the contract worker who is there to just play a sport. No athletic scholarship money would be paid to them. The only benefit that they would receive would be from whatever NIL deals they could make for themselves. They would still have to adhere to the team and conduct rules of the program that they play for. The other classification would be for the true student-athlete. They would receive only athletic and/or academic money and would have to adhere to the school scholastic requirements. They would not be able to accept any NIL money. If they wanted NIL deals, they would have to forfeit any athletic or academic money. I currently support 3 athletic teams at UL with purchases of season tickets. I have no interest or desire to fork out any additional monies to pay for the privilege of watching an 18 year play a sport. If I want to watch a professional play, I'll get season tickets for the Saints.

In 20 plus years RCAF has around 2000 members. 8000 for NIL will be hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    You guys write all the checks you want to lure kids to play sports at UL. IMO, NIL was created for businesses like Service Chevrolet to be able to pay athletes to "endorse" their brands. It wasn't meant for fans of a program to fork out cash through some thinly veiled collective to pay for them to come to school. If that's the case, just cut out the pretense of them having to go to class and maintain an adequate GPA. Just make them contract workers for the school and let them collect a check. Taking that idea a little bit further, two classifications of athletes could be made. One would be the contract worker who is there to just play a sport. No athletic scholarship money would be paid to them. The only benefit that they would receive would be from whatever NIL deals they could make for themselves. They would still have to adhere to the team and conduct rules of the program that they play for. The other classification would be for the true student-athlete. They would receive only athletic and/or academic money and would have to adhere to the school scholastic requirements. They would not be able to accept any NIL money. If they wanted NIL deals, they would have to forfeit any athletic or academic money. I currently support 3 athletic teams at UL with purchases of season tickets. I have no interest or desire to fork out any additional monies to pay for the privilege of watching an 18 year play a sport. If I want to watch a professional play, I'll get season tickets for the Saints.
    This is where I am at right now.

I’m impressed with this recent initiative. I know the big bucks for NIL will come from businesses, but we need to get our fanbase reengaged and feeling like they are a part of Louisiana athletics again. An “it takes all of us” campaign is a nice step in that direction.

I know most people are skeptical on NIL, which I get. I try and think of it less as donating to the collective in the hopes of retaining specific players and more as donating so that our coaches have a pool of money as a recruiting tool each year, similar to facilities.

One thing I think the collective could do is not tie their imaging to players who may end up leaving. Like in the attached example, several of the early images for Krewe Allons featured Zeon. While they may have seemed like a good idea (donate so we can retain players like Chriss), it really backfires when a guy like that ends up transferring. People think I donated my money to keep him, he left, so it’s like I threw my money away. Seniors and guaranteed pros like DeBarge would be good choices IMO. Men and women who we know will have played their final collegiate seasons as Cajuns. Obviously everyone can still benefit from the collective, even those that may end up leaving in a year or two for greener pastures, but not making those potential portal entrants the face of the collective could help from a perception standpoint.

Attached Images Attached Images  

15. Default Re: Greaux the KREWE!

Love the idea of promoting the senior success stories.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information