Thread: Baseball Lunch and Learn

UL Baseball Baseball Lunch and Learn

No one has discussed last weeks meeting or the upcoming one. Anyone who attended want to share their thoughts?

Default Re: Baseball Lunch and Learn

I had a conflict and could not attend. However I understand it was heavily NIL related.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    No one has discussed last weeks meeting or the upcoming one. Anyone who attended want to share their thoughts?
    Yes, two points.

1) They need to do a night meeting for those that can't leave their jobs during the day. Most of those that were in attendance were my age or older These are the same people that they continue to come back to and ask for money. They are pretty much in multiple clubs already. Be more strategic and take any donor at any level as Coach Deggs stated.

2) Like most in that meeting, I'm not a fan of NIL. But if I decide to make a contribution it is because Coach Degg's plan is pays mostly based on performance with incentives to earn more money in a number of areas like the Classroom, Workouts, Community Service, Practice, Fall Performance, Performance during the season, Making All-Conference, SBC Player or Pitcher of the Week, National Player or Pitcher of the Week, All-America, etc.

This is real life, no one gets paid in their job without performance. I hope all the coaches will approach NIL as performance and incentive based. Otherwise, I will have no interest in participating.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, two points.

1) They need to do a night meeting for those that can't leave their jobs during the day. Most of those that were in attendance were my age or older These are the same people that they continue to come back to and ask for money. They are pretty much in multiple clubs already. Be more strategic and take any donor at any level as Coach Deggs stated.

2) Like most in that meeting, I'm not a fan of NIL. But if I decide to make a contribution it is because Coach Degg's plan is pays mostly based on performance with incentives to earn more money in a number of areas like the Classroom, Workouts, Community Service, Practice, Fall Performance, Performance during the season, Making All-Conference, SBC Player or Pitcher of the Week, National Player or Pitcher of the Week, All-America, etc.

This is real life, no one gets paid in their job without performance. I hope all the coaches will approach NIL as performance and incentive based. Otherwise, I will have no interest in participating.
    It was never supposed to be the fans that supported it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    It was never supposed to be the fans that supported it in the first place.
    If it is a fan that owns a business, are they still not a fan? Is not Gordan McKernan a huge LSU fan, and but his law firm a major participant in their NIL?

Again, the way it was discussed and laid out makes it at least a consideration for me. I hope Coach Habetz, Coach Des and others follow the same path.

If it is a fan that owns a business, are they still not a fan? Is not Gordan McKernan a huge LSU fan, and but his law firm a major participant in their NIL?

Again, the way it was discussed and laid out makes it at least a consideration for me. I hope Coach Habetz, Coach Des and others follow the same path.
    Most fans don't own their own business. Most work for other folks.

7. Default Re: Baseball Lunch and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Most fans don't own their own business. Most work for other folks.
    That is true but the mindset of the fundraisers appears to be go after the biggest possible donor "first"

Nothing wrong with that initially.

The problem is they've been stuck in "first" gear for what seems like forever.

I could MAYBE get on board with this a bit.

9. Default Re: Baseball Lunch and Learn

I remember posters being attacked for mentioning "classroom" yet now it is mentioned by coach, hmmm

Great idea nonetheless!

10. Default Re: Baseball Lunch and Learn

I think eventually many of these corporations/businesses will be sued if their NIL "donations" show no ROI and stakeholders lose money

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I could MAYBE get on board with this a bit.
    I was and have been against the nil totally. I do admit I have softened up some after listening to Coach Deggs speak and see his plan. I will (it was hard to type that) donate to baseball because of my love for UL and because they have a plan I agree with.

The other sports will need to show their plan as well. I hope they do.

So, my plan is a 3-year trial. I will commit to 3 years, and we'll see where this situation is at that point.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

BTW, I'll just give up a few drinks a week, or something like that!

Thread Information