Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Do you know how it is being funded?
    Neither are priority until the football stadium is complete. From the horse's mouth. I asked you how the locker room for softball is being funded. I know how baseball's locker room is being funded, private money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Neither are priority until the football stadium is complete. From the horse's mouth. I asked you how the locker room for softball is being funded. I know how baseball's locker room is being funded, private money.
    You said: Are you raising the money? Because it's all coming from private funds for baseball. Should it not be the same for Softball?

I said: Do you know how it is being funded?

I asked you, you didn't ask me. You did tell me how baseball was being funded. Now answer the question that I asked you first. You asked if it should be funded the same. I asked you how softball was being funded.

You said: Are you raising the money? Because it's all coming from private funds for baseball. Should it not be the same for Softball?

I said: Do you know how it is being funded?

I asked you, you didn't ask me. You did tell me how baseball was being funded. Now answer the question that I asked you first. You asked if it should be funded the same. I asked you how softball was being funded.
    I have no ideal, I didn't ask. But I'm certain it will be no different than baseball. Private funds.

I have no ideal, I didn't ask. But I'm certain it will be no different than baseball. Private funds.
    I have no idea either that is why I asked you. If you are certain it will be no different then why did you asked if it should be the same for Softball? You made it seem liked you knew how each was funded and you made it seem that each was funded differently.

I have no idea either that is why I asked you. If you are certain it will be no different then why did you asked if it should be the same for Softball? You made it seem liked you knew how each was funded and you made it seem that each was funded differently.
    Because I assumed you knew since you are the voice of softball here, right? Why would you ask me that question when I stated previously in this thread that the football stadium is priority period, as per Maggard? I thought that was quite clear.

Cajuns Football better be our focus. 3 SBC programs having hosted College Gameday and always, at minimum, a top 25 team being from the Belt, this is not the same conference as in the days of ol' Toothpick.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

It has put UL on the map for 40+ years.
    LOLOL

8. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    LOLOL
    …….So I had inquired to the AD’s salary…while on the subject think maybe all the sports head coaches’ deals would be interesting…….we have lost football, softball, and some others in past years……just wondering how we stack up with whom we want to be!

Because I assumed you knew since you are the voice of softball here, right? Why would you ask me that question when I stated previously in this thread that the football stadium is priority period, as per Maggard? I thought that was quite clear.
    Im not the voice of softball, I can name about 10 more on this site that have way more information than me. I asked you the question in post #22, you mentioned the completion of the stadium in post #31. I asked way before you mentioned Maggards priorities.

LOLOL
    Name another sport at UL that has been relevant for 40+ years on a national level.

11. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Name another sport at UL that has been relevant for 40+ years on a national level.
    It's funny because you think people care about softball on a national scale. It's brought UL slightly more notoriety than the waterski championships. Nobody cares. Go to s sports bar in Atlanta or Cleveland and ask 100 people who won the WCWS. You'll mostly get blank stares, and that's WITH ESPN shoving it down your throat.
    And, TBF, you could do the same for baseball.

12. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

It's funny because you think people care about softball on a national scale. It's brought UL slightly more notoriety than the waterski championships. Nobody cares. Go to s sports bar in Atlanta or Cleveland and ask 100 people who won the WCWS. You'll mostly get blank stares, and that's WITH ESPN shoving it down your throat.
    And, TBF, you could do the same for baseball.
    Just because you don’t care, doesn’t mean “nobody cares.” Check out the ratings for softball, check out the growth of the sport. It’s about brand advancement, and every piece of success helps. If UL could get football to where softball and even baseball are, yes, it gets the school 1000x further.

To completely dismiss what that program has done for this university, imo though, is incorrect.

Focus definitely needs to be on football and basketball. With the football playoffs expanding to 12 teams we could be in CFP and a shot at a national title in football if we went 12-0 with a conference championship. Something like that would shoot us in a different hemisphere.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Just because you don’t care, doesn’t mean “nobody cares.” Check out the ratings for softball, check out the growth of the sport. It’s about brand advancement, and every piece of success helps. If UL could get football to where softball and even baseball are, yes, it gets the school 1000x further.

To completely dismiss what that program has done for this university, imo though, is incorrect.
    I follow softball more than baseball these days. Today's softball is far different than what it was in the past where 1-0, 2-1 games were mostly the norm. Today, power hitters are everywhere and hitting in general has leaped ahead challenging even the best pitchers. It's a faster game with more athletic plays than in the past and it's gaining momentum. We are lucky to have such a successful program.no 6 in the nation in total wins.

15. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Focus definitely needs to be on football and basketball. With the football playoffs expanding to 12 teams we could be in CFP and a shot at a national title in football if we went 12-0 with a conference championship. Something like that would shoot us in a different hemisphere.
    Football is the only way to generate serious $$, for sure, but the odds are not in our favor. Basketball is what it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information