Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    A contract extension thread gets only 8 posts in 5 hours and about 50/50 on positive vs. negative. Yikes.
    I'm a big fan of Dr. Maggard. He's a player's coach administrator. I think that plays a big factor in retaining players, but that factor has been greatly diminished by transfer portal/NIL. I think he's done a terrific job building out the athletics department, navigating COVID era, getting us out of Ticketmaster contract and to Paciolan, getting players out in the community, and Cajun Field west side renovation. He exudes a high level of professionalism which elevates our programs above true peers and will be an asset for us on the D1 Oversight Committee.

I think moving forward, he will be judged on:
    1. Navigating our programs forward through the NIL era
    2. Continued facility enhancements (baseball clubhouse, etc.)
    3. Handling of MBB (program with fan-participation in the gutter)
    4. Getting butts to and in the seats
    5. Keeping ear to the ground on any conference movement (whispers of a best of the rest pipe dream conf)

Congrats Dr Maggard !!! Well deserved. Can’t wait to see how great UL athletics will continue to be in the next 5 years. The best is yet to come!

Incredibly well deserved.

LFG.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Incredibly well deserved.

LFG.
    ….Seems like he is deserving to be paid as one of the top ADs in the conference….How much is his contract compared to other conference and g5s?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    A contract extension thread gets only 8 posts in 5 hours and about 50/50 on positive vs. negative. Yikes.
    Seems fitting given that fan engagement has been the biggest knock on Maggard.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Seems fitting given that fan engagement has been the biggest knock on Maggard.
    He always talks to me at baseball and softball games.

Isn't the million dollar locker room for softball coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Honestly, where has all this glory from our Softball program got us?

We could do a lot worse. On the other hand, feels like things should be better. Dr. Maggard seems like a good guy and he's a professional when it comes to representing UL. Under his leadership, tailgating was destroyed, basketball is barely treading water, football gained notoriety but since the loss of Napier, has struggled in record and attendance. The stadium is finally getting done, but a partial at the moment. Time will tell, he has done a lot, but there is a lot still to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Honestly, where has all this glory from our Softball program got us?
    It has put UL on the map for 40+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    We could do a lot worse. On the other hand, feels like things should be better. Dr. Maggard seems like a good guy and he's a professional when it comes to representing UL. Under his leadership, tailgating was destroyed, basketball is barely treading water, football gained notoriety but since the loss of Napier, has struggled in record and attendance. The stadium is finally getting done, but a partial at the moment. Time will tell, he has done a lot, but there is a lot still to do.
    He hasn't been perfect. But again, I think the majority on this board were more than agreeable to the Alden plan. And I warned people back then that finding new revenue streams to cover growth and facility improvements were going to go up in cost. So, I understand people are not happy with a number of things that cost more money. Frankly the revenue isn't there otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Are you raising the money? Because it's all coming from private funds for baseball. Should it not be the same for Softball?

This is good news!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Are you raising the money? Because it's all coming from private funds for baseball. Should it not be the same for Softball?
    Do you know how it is being funded?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    His office is in the cox building on the left when you walk in.
    Im glad they let him go back. Yanking him away when the program went over budget had to be humiliating.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information