Thread: Louisiana Extends Maggard

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Extends Maggard

The University of Louisiana and Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard agreed to a contract extension through June 30, 2029, it was announced Tuesday.

Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Announces Contract Extension For Vice President for Intercollegiate At

Looks like Marlin will be here until 2030 at the least

Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Announces Contract Extension For Vice President for Intercollegiate At

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He's been the best here at UL since Terry Don Phillips and considering who he works for he's actually has done some great things for this program. I have the luxury of history looking back to make that statement.

Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

He just needs to figure out how to get the lower tier fan to come to Cajun Field. If he figures that out then he will be the greatest Athletic Director of all time at UL.

Tap in to the spirit of the common man Maggard!! I know you can do it.

He can hire the right man/woman for the job thats not the problem. He just needs to tap in that Ragin Cajun Spirit and the Community!!

He has not figured it out yet!!

5. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

I'm 50/50 on this one

Maggard has done some good things while here. Some of his hires have been home runs, he's on the fancy NCAA committee or whatever, the stadium seems to be at least half-happening.

However he's also settled into a position of "making any postseason is pretty good for our little ole school", which would fall in line with Martin Hall I guess.

I'm happy for the guy but this feels like a sign that MH is happy with where we're at as an athletic program

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He's been the best here at UL since Terry Don Phillips and considering who he works for he's actually has done some great things for this program. I have the luxury of history looking back to make that statement.
    Ditto.

Both here during volatile times. Maggard by far has the tougher road to navigate.

Congrats Bryan!

Some might even say that Marlin is a better basketball coach than Terry Don Phillips.

9. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

Maggard has taken our athletic dept to a level we have never achieved before. Do we have a ways to geaux in areas, like all programs, of course we do, but his commitment to building a better dept has been unwavering since his arrival. We are on the right trajectory as a whole and i am glad we dont have to find a new AD. Thanks Dr. B!

10. Default Re: Louisiana Extends Maggard

A contract extension thread gets only 8 posts in 5 hours and about 50/50 on positive vs. negative. Yikes.

11. Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Announces Contract Extension For Vice President for Intercollegiate At

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Some might even say that Marlin is a better basketball coach than Terry Don Phillips.
    Sorry, I must be getting too old. I fail to see any correlation between the two.

12. Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Announces Contract Extension For Vice President for Intercollegiate At

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Maggard does like Marlin's 75% winning percentage, so I get your point.

Personally, I am happy Maggard is staying, just get him away from Martin Hall, I don't care what vices you put on the front of his title that is no place for athletic director to operate from.

jmo

100% ��

I agree Dr. Maggard’s office needs to be at the Athletics complex with his team managing daily operations.

Thread Information