Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

What did the bird say?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Collier is no longer on the roster. He was looking strong when he got here, but he is no longer with the team. They replaced him with a transfer from Kansas State, Adryan Lane. He is an interesting prospect.

Out of HS held offers from K-State, Fresno State, Iowa State, Kansas, Oregon State and Washington State as well as William and Mary in FCS.

Nice write up on him

Broad-shouldered frame with strong lower half. Strong-armed quarterback with ability to air it out downfield. Shows nice touch on deep throws. Creates a lot of torque with his upper body and can sling ball from different angles. Displays pocket awareness and ability to make pass-rushers miss. Can extend plays while keeping his eyes down field. Delivers the ball on time and leads receivers into space. Stands in the pocket while facing pressure, but at times could make better decisions. Could also continue to refine drop-back footwork while shortening long wind-up motion. Projects as eventual Power Five starter with chance to garner NFL Draft attention.
    Darn I start him on my NCAA football game. lol. That was a joke. Of course it’s Chandler.

All I want is the guy that gives our offense the best chance to be successful. Most of y'all know, who keep up with the posts on this site, know where I stand on short QBs. Physical limitations impact this position more than others. Field vision is a pretty damn important aspect of the QB position. You can count the number of successful short QBs on 1 hand.

LL, a short QB, was a successful QB in college, no doubt. He had the wheels to go along with above average arm strength. That run ability attribute made him successful. CF doesn't have that set of wheels. LL was almost unsackable! Now, if the OL can maintain a nice pocket for CF, he can be effective on certain passes. But, he will always be vulnerable throwing over the middle with short and intermediate routes. Give me the 6' 2" and taller QB everyday and twice on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    All I want is the guy that gives our offense the best chance to be successful. Most of y'all know, who keep up with the posts on this site, know where I stand on short QBs. Physical limitations impact this position more than others. Field vision is a pretty damn important aspect of the QB position. You can count the number of successful short QBs on 1 hand.
    I don't think either QB will be successful if we can't run the football, especially in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't think either QB will be successful if we can't run the football, especially in the 4th quarter.
    Agree 100%

6. Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    What did the bird say?
    I remember some threads last year that said QB1 is the starting QB

7. Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Will Lunch be a Red Shirt Freshman this season? What is the QB from Kansas State listed as? Junior?
    Redshirt freshman.

8. Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Redshirt freshman.
    …Launch Lunch!!! A rocket to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

LL, a short QB, was a successful QB in college, no doubt. He had the wheels to go along with above average arm strength. That run ability attribute made him successful. CF doesn't have that set of wheels. LL was almost unsackable! Now, if the OL can maintain a nice pocket for CF, he can be effective on certain passes. But, he will always be vulnerable throwing over the middle with short and intermediate routes. Give me the 6' 2" and taller QB everyday and twice on Sunday!
    What about Drew Brees height?

10. Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Launch Lunch!!! A rocket to victory!
    Keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If Des calls running plays. I can’t get the NOLA bowl out of my head. All he had to do was run the football more. We were spotted 3 TD’s. I cannot remember when this drive occurred or the complete details but I believe We passed it 3 times for 1 yard to get a 1st down at one time and failed to get a crucial 1st down in the 2nd half there. It changed the game.

Drew was a generational talent. He threw thru passing lanes created by the OL. The 3 OL in the middle, 2 guards and center had to be super solid to keep pass rush in check. The tackles created passing lanes. His receivers had to run precise timing pass routes because many times he was throwing to a spot where the receiver was supposed to be. He was real good. Hall of fame good. But, if you pressured him up the middle, he struggled.

Tom Brady didn't have the wheels at all. But he stood tall in the pocket and could throw over the OL. If you recall watching him, his short passes over the middle were on a downward trajectory, especially to his shorter receivers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information