Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    16-6. Fumbles killed us in the second half. The Jax state game was one of the worst offensive called games I’ve ever seen. And it didn’t get much better in the second half when we needed stopping 3rd downs. I hope that year 3 is the year everything starts clicking for Des. Nobody deserves to succeed more than him. He’s poured his heart and soul into this program.
    I'm pulling for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    16-6. Fumbles killed us in the second half. The Jax state game was one of the worst offensive called games I’ve ever seen. And it didn’t get much better in the second half when we needed stopping 3rd downs. I hope that year 3 is the year everything starts clicking for Des. Nobody deserves to succeed more than him. He’s poured his heart and soul into this program.
    Will he continue to call plays? HC is a demanding position. Should he continue to all plays?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Give me the 6' 2" and taller QB everyday and twice on Sunday!
    I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a Sunday game on our schedule.

4. Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

CF was third string at the beginning of last year. If BW is healthy he is the starter with the most upside. You will be pleasantly surprised if BW can stay healthy a full year.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I'm pulling for him!
    As am I. I love and appreciate everything he has done as a player and as a coach. I have been pretty hard on him at times which is probably unfair cause I don’t think he was put into a position to succeed.

This is the year!

I don’t know nearly what some of you do. However, my opinion FWIW, I think we’ve seen enough of Chandler Fields to know that if our pass protection isn’t way better than it’s been the past 4-5 years, we need a more mobile QB. Even during the Napier years, as good as the run blocking was, the pass protection was not great. Levi escaped a ton of sacks.

If Ben isn’t healthy, I think I’d rather see us just go with Lunch and see if he grows. Fields will be here for his sixth season. He can provide great mentoring/guidance for a young QB.

Name:  th-3949894830.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  20.8 KB

QB1

9. Default Re: Who will be the starting quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Name:  th-3949894830.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  20.8 KB

QB1
    Nice

Similar to last year, if Ben is healthy and can be mobile, then I think he gives us our best chance. However, I will say, I’ve seen Chandler improve a good bit over the years and I think he could do well also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I don’t know nearly what some of you do. However, my opinion FWIW, I think we’ve seen enough of Chandler Fields to know that if our pass protection isn’t way better than it’s been the past 4-5 years, we need a more mobile QB. Even during the Napier years, as good as the run blocking was, the pass protection was not great. Levi escaped a ton of sacks.

If Ben isn’t healthy, I think I’d rather see us just go with Lunch and see if he grows. Fields will be here for his sixth season. He can provide great mentoring/guidance for a young QB.
    Lunch will be the 3rd QB. Only way he sees time when game is in doubt will be due to injury to Fields and Woolridge. That is definitely a possibility however based upon the way things have gone the last 2 years. In 2025, Beale (2024 pure freshman from Catholic BR) and Lunch will battle for the starting spot. I would not be surprised if Beale wins that competition. As far as the 2024 starter goes, indications from spring is that it would be Chandler Fields. I don't think he would have come back without the situation being it would be his job to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Lunch will be the 3rd QB. Only way he sees time when game is in doubt will be due to injury to Fields and Woolridge. That is definitely a possibility however based upon the way things have gone the last 2 years. In 2025, Beale (2024 pure freshman from Catholic BR) and Lunch will battle for the starting spot. I would not be surprised if Beale wins that competition. As far as the 2024 starter goes, indications from spring is that it would be Chandler Fields. I don't think he would have come back without the situation being it would be his job to lose.
    Don’t sleep on Altman. The young man will be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Well I hope by the end of the season I’m eating crow and Fields is 1st Team All Sun Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nice
    No. Thats f'n bad ass.

Ben10 gives us our best chance to win, IMO. He just needs to stay healthy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information