Thread: DeBarge MLB Draft Preview

1. NFL, NBA, MLB DeBarge MLB Draft Preview

2024 MLB Draft Preview: Kyle DeBarge scouting report

The 2024 MLB Draft is just three days away — the first round kicks off on July 14, 2024 — so its time to start offering capsule looks at players the Texas Rangers could select with their top picks. The Rangers’ first round pick is at #30, their second round pick is at #65, and their third round pick is at #103.

Default Re: DeBarge MLB Draft Preview

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    2024 MLB Draft Preview: Kyle DeBarge scouting report

The 2024 MLB Draft is just three days away — the first round kicks off on July 14, 2024 — so its time to start offering capsule looks at players the Texas Rangers could select with their top picks. The Rangers’ first round pick is at #30, their second round pick is at #65, and their third round pick is at #103.

“Undrafted coming out of high school in Lake Charles, where he played catcher, DeBarge joined the Rajun Cajuns, where he has been a three year starter at shortstop.

“BA put his contact rate at pitches in the strike zone at 93% for his three years at La-La, which is an elite contact rate, though it has to be noted that this is in the Sun Belt Conference, where there is a lower level of opposition he is facing compared to hitters in bigger conferences. His size limits his power potential, though he hit 21 home runs as a junior after hitting 10 in his freshman and sophomore years combined.”

Tell me you are lazy at your job without telling me you are lazy at your job. Just pitiful.

La-La???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    “Undrafted coming out of high school in Lake Charles, where he played catcher, DeBarge joined the Rajun Cajuns, where he has been a three year starter at shortstop.

“BA put his contact rate at pitches in the strike zone at 93% for his three years at La-La, which is an elite contact rate, though it has to be noted that this is in the Sun Belt Conference, where there is a lower level of opposition he is facing compared to hitters in bigger conferences. His size limits his power potential, though he hit 21 home runs as a junior after hitting 10 in his freshman and sophomore years combined.”

Tell me you are lazy at your job without telling me you are lazy at your job. Just pitiful.
    I can’t believe someone wasted electrons publishing this story

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post

Lost me at Rajin.

Bet the writer really hates sportsball. More I looked around, coin flip AI.

https://muckrack.com/media-outlet/lonestarball

Now folks, THAT is a cr_____y article. Just plain clueless writing.

Stopped reading that pretty quickly.

Thread Information