Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MBB: Louisiana to Compete in Virgin Islands Paradise Jam

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana to Compete in Virgin Islands Paradise Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Funny you say that. Wade presented the idea. Needless to say it is not gonna happen lol
    Bob would never.

Beautiful area. And no you don’t need a passport BUT if you go to the nearby British VIs, you do.
    Renting a car is a hoot. You drive on the left like the Brits but in a US vehicle. Steering on left like here. So a real fun thing to do is pass a car or truck on a winding mountainous road at night. Ok, we wouldn’t do that. Our VI cousins do. Pray a lot.
    It’s on Caribbean time. Chill. Drink. You will not speed things up. Lovely people. Beautiful beaches. Great resorts. Fishing is great. St. John’s is the larger island with more to do. St. Thomas is smaller and less to do but even more laid back and quieter. My favorite.
    I’m really thinking it’s time to get back there.

3. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana to Compete in Virgin Islands Paradise Jam

they on teco time

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Beautiful area. And no you don’t need a passport BUT if you go to the nearby British VIs, you do.
    Renting a car is a hoot. You drive on the left like the Brits but in a US vehicle. Steering on left like here. So a real fun thing to do is pass a car or truck on a winding mountainous road at night. Ok, we wouldn’t do that. Our VI cousins do. Pray a lot.
    It’s on Caribbean time. Chill. Drink. You will not speed things up. Lovely people. Beautiful beaches. Great resorts. Fishing is great. St. John’s is the larger island with more to do. St. Thomas is smaller and less to do but even more laid back and quieter. My favorite.
    I’m really thinking it’s time to get back there.
    Absolute truth about renting a car. We were there post hurricanes Irma/Maria, all rental cars were new (and every ding was billed). There’s one we used was off the beaten path that you weren’t sure you were getting out of there. If you go out Redhook you may cross what was known as the bridge to nowhere. They built a bridge, but no road, pre storm. Engineers designed the road on both sides. Was engineered for US driving, and nobody thought to just flip it. All and all, my days off were truly island time. Don’t rush it, enjoy the trip. Oh, Coki Beach…be very careful, but is like Alice’s Restaurant.

If any of you guys going solo, make sure you call the wife and let them know “Duffy’s Love Shack” is a restaurant before using your card there. Dine before nine, because the venue flips to a less family friendly setting.

Most of the restaurants food tastes the same, the meats are “rubbed” all at the same place.

Donkey Hill on the road headed out past the cruise ship shops is a doozy. You’ll know.

If you go fishing, make sure you and the captain are clear how much meat you keep before you launch. One tried to pinch some friends that caught a nice sized tuna. We had tuna steaks that night.

St. John’s is a nice trip, but make sure you catch the last ferry or you’re spending the night. Feral donkeys are along the roads in places.

Didn’t go to St Croix, was the island they sent employees before downsizing. BVI was a mess, didn’t go.

And if the horse track paddock is still there, if you see “ISIS” painted on a corner, it’s ok. After an emergency safety meeting and “security” was sent out to protect our workers, days later it was discovered home boy was selling bags of ice, hence the plural “ISIS”.

Most importantly, be smart. Locals are great, but as anywhere always have your head on a swivel. When we were there the murder rate per capita rivaled Chicago. My last night there one of the contract workers was killed at a restaurant on St. Croix, walked out the bathroom during a robbery.

And Tim Duncan and Aleiah Boston are royalty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information