Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Hurricane Season

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Back to the original thought/post. We are still without power. Bummer.
    Same. Centerpoint put out a new map last night that is supposed to give dates and it shows my address restoration date as “pending review” heat hasn’t been to bad with rain but it also slows down the crews. I’m just thankful no damage to my house and my friends/families, with all the trees down we got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Back to the original thought/post. We are still without power. Bummer.
    Dang. What part of Houston y’all in?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    None have been approved. That’s what I was getting at…nothing has been approved yet, for anyone. And it’s going to be a while, I think.
    Dr. Mark Zappi (former Dean of Engineering) has an excellent talk prepared on CCS. He has given it at various functions throughout the state and it has been well received. He is an excellent speaker. People should contact him if they are a looking for a guest speaker at a meeting. Back to the so called oil field subsidies. Many projects would never get performed without the tax deductions associated with them as the economics would not meet requirements. That is less revenue available to the many service companies needed to perform the project. Less employees are then needed and that has a negative economic effect. That is different than a direct cash payment to an entity. The truth is the world will need ALL forms of energy for decades to come. The emergence of the economies in Asia and Africa make it so. That is why major companies invest in research of alternative forms while still exploring for and producing conventional forms.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Same. Centerpoint put out a new map last night that is supposed to give dates and it shows my address restoration date as “pending review” heat hasn’t been to bad with rain but it also slows down the crews. I’m just thankful no damage to my house and my friends/families, with all the trees down we got lucky.
    Same for us, pending review. Grateful, but still wish we had power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Dang. What part of Houston y’all in?
    Kingwood

6. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

7. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Where are all the hurricanes?

Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Shhhhhh!!!!

Default Re: 2024 Hurricane Season

Anyone notice how demure and sullen our local meteorologists have been lately? Yeah, we’re getting rain, but we don’t have impending doom they love to get excited over.

Maybe in a few weeks, as long as the cold front parade doesn’t start first

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Anyone notice how demure and sullen our local meteorologists have been lately? Yeah, we’re getting rain, but we don’t have impending doom they love to get excited over.

They don't get excited unless we staring down the barrel 3+ category hurricanes.

Rob has been pretty excited the last couple of days. Made sure we were warned that something could form in the Gulf and we had a flood threat. So far, total 2.66 in of rain at my house in BB. Not complaining, trust me. I've had to clean up enough times to not want any tropical weather.

At the end of the day, the meteorologists dont understand why people dont take them seriously when we do have a legitimate threat.

Pretty well known site now but just in case someone does not know about it. Check out www.tropicaltidbits.com this time of year for your hurricane "tracking" needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Rob has been pretty excited the last couple of days. Made sure we were warned that something could form in the Gulf and we had a flood threat. So far, total 2.66 in of rain at my house in BB. Not complaining, trust me. I've had to clean up enough times to not want any tropical weather.

At the end of the day, the meteorologists dont understand why people dont take them seriously when we do have a legitimate threat.

Pretty well known site now but just in case someone does not know about it. Check out www.tropicaltidbits.com this time of year for your hurricane "tracking" needs.
    www.tropical tidbits.com and https://www.spaghettimodels.com/ (mikes weather page) are my go to sites. Mikes weather page links to tropical tidbits once NHC start publishing models. Also, Dave Baker has a Youtube channel "acadiana weather today". He posts every weekday morning about 7:30 and he does "lets talk tropics" about noon on weekdays. I like Dave Baker. Just the facts no hype.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    www.tropical tidbits.com and https://www.spaghettimodels.com/ (mikes weather page) are my go to sites. Mikes weather page links to tropical tidbits once NHC start publishing models. Also, Dave Baker has a Youtube channel "acadiana weather today". He posts every weekday morning about 7:30 and he does "lets talk tropics" about noon on weekdays. I like Dave Baker. Just the facts no hype.
    I quickly navigate over to Mike's Weather Page when a storm is active. Luckly I have not visited that page much this year and hope not to until a not so near future.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Oh, you should check the idiots at The Weather Channel. They are rooting so hard for more Hurricanes. It's hilarious. Sometimes, they catch themselves and try to act happy that we're having a down season.

If they aren't doing rain dances for more Hurricanes, they are fear casting like crazy about how the world will end because of clobal warming/climate change/sea level rise/human beings.

They truly have gone off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Oh, you should check the idiots at The Weather Channel. They are rooting so hard for more Hurricanes. It's hilarious. Sometimes, they catch themselves and try to act happy that we're having a down season.

If they aren't doing rain dances for more Hurricanes, they are fear casting like crazy about how the world will end because of clobal warming/climate change/sea level rise/human beings.

They truly have gone off the deep end.
    I'de imagine the worst the storm the higher their ratings go up, just like cable news. Hype up the bad to get more eyeballs and then sell ads. As much as we all complain about it we all eat that ____ up.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread Information