Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Beryl

1. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    You lost me when you referred to United Nations data.
    Where would you prefer data come from? Vic's opinions? LOL

2. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You really can't follow the logic here? I'll spell it out more clearly. . . Man made climate change is a farce and a scam.
    At least others are trying to engage in reasonable discourse. You bring nothing. Stick to pinky rings.

3. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We would adapt. Entire cities were engulfed by the seas thousands of years ago. Life goes on. The entirety of human existence has been dealing with climate change. It is a natural process that we need to accept.
    Except that 130 million people live on a coastline in the US alone. That more than the global population 2500 years ago.

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    .Just because a process is natural does not mean that humans cannot accentuate those natural processes.
    I agree.

I disagree if said accentuations lead to a decline in quality of life for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Oil and gas gets between 5%~7% of total subsidies yearly and supplies 99% of the country with energy and petroleum products, pretty damn good ROI. Renewable energy is a bunch of people getting filthy rich who have lobbyist in Washington getting contracts secured on a scam.
    This.

Except that 130 million people live on a coastline in the US alone. That more than the global population 2500 years ago.
    90% of the land on earth is uninhabited by man. If the water moves, you move.

You are providing sources, not me. But if you think that the UN can be one of your honest and respectable sources, then you’ve lost with me.

Now that you mention it, I am curious how flat earth and rising sea levels converge together

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Whether it's through subsidies or investments, both can end up costing taxpayers. Consider these examples from the oil and gas industry that have had significant financial impacts on US taxpayers:

The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in 2010, where BP's Gulf of Mexico spill led to massive cleanup costs and compensation payouts.
    The Petrobras Corruption Scandal in 2014, involving billions in bribes and inflated contracts at Brazil's state-owned oil company.
    Venezuela's Oil Industry Decline due to mismanagement and political instability, impacting its production and global supply.
    The Enron Collapse in 2001, which involved major energy trading operations and resulted in one of the largest bankruptcies in corporate history.
    North Sea Oil Rig Disasters like Piper Alpha in 1988, which caused fatalities and environmental damage.
    The Exxon Valdez Oil Spill in 1989, where an Exxon tanker spill in Alaska caused extensive ecological harm.
    Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster in 1986, highlighting catastrophic industrial failures and long-term environmental impacts.
    The Keystone XL Pipeline Cancellation in 2021, after facing regulatory and environmental challenges.
    OPEC Price Wars destabilizing global oil markets periodically.
    Shell's Arctic Drilling Halt in 2015 due to regulatory hurdles, costs, and environmental concerns.
    These incidents show the complexities and costs involved in the oil and gas industry, impacting both finances and the environment. Understanding these examples helps us evaluate the broader discussion around government support for different energy sectors.
    Our government? They can fix everything! LOL!

10. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

. . . we are from the gubment and we are here to help you . . .

11. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    D.c., egypt or LA version?
    I went to the Alexandria library in Cenla 411 Washington.

I read it went underwater years ago.

12. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We got a window unit running. It’s tolerable in one room at a time!
    I feel for you.

Two weeks without when RP was 3 years old. (Rita)

I remember panicking because I couldn't update the news stories.

Pre iPhone

Right, that's why early civilizations were nomadic and moved when water levels rose or lowered. They also lived near rivers for food and water sources, when the river levels rose, they moved away. Today, everybody wants an ocean view, even Obama. Living on the coast is a choice and sometimes you pay the price for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Right, that's why early civilizations were nomadic and moved when water levels rose or lowered. They also lived near rivers for food and water sources, when the river levels rose, they moved away. Today, everybody wants an ocean view, even Obama. Living on the coast is a choice and sometimes you pay the price for that.
    what is weird to me is how some of these camps,houses etc that have been on the water for 80-100 years and the water is exactly where its always been.

15. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    90% of the land on earth is uninhabited by man. If the water moves, you move.
    Curious how 130 million people just move. What about infrastructure? The economic cost would be staggering.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information