Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Beryl

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Anywayslast night sucked…no power or cell service in my neighborhood day3

2. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . i believe we have far reached the limits of our advancement with respect to clean energy . . . i believe enough MONEY and TIME has been spent on that concept and that any further expenditures of OPM continues the scam that is has proven to be . . . JMO
    30% of electricity produced worldwide was from clean energy sources

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    So you're suggesting that unless a belief or understanding remains static, it shouldn't be considered worthy of exploration?
    I have a degree in Biology. I am quite familiar with the scientific method. I love exploration. I love learning new things. I draw the line at voluntarily lowering standards of living that would literally result in millions less human beings on the planet based on "consensus".

As for climate impacts, do you believe that human activities have no impact on the environment whatsoever? Should all environmental changes be categorized as purely natural phenomena?
    Clean air. Clean water. Feed the poor.

"Fixing" the climate is impossible and has nothing to do with the above 3 concerns. Implementing zero carbon policies would place us no better than the ancients throwing their youths into the volcvanos to appease the Gods.

4. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    LOL tRump isn't giving any money to charity. Remember he cannot operate a charity anymore.
    . . . those are two different things and it is Eric who got improperly slapped on the hand for the latter . . . and now St. Judes is losing hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars because of another improper action by NY democrat politicians . . . in excess of $100,000 a year was being raised through a sporting clays fundraiser right here in Maurice Louisiana that no longer happens because of that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I have a degree in Biology. I am quite familiar with the scientific method. I love exploration. I love learning new things. I draw the line at voluntarily lowering standards of living that would literally result in millions less human beings on the planet based on "consensus".
    Nice, 3 out of my 4 are in Biology as well. I haven't been exposed to the lowering of standards of living yet though.

Clean air. Clean water. Feed the poor.

"Fixing" the climate is impossible and has nothing to do with the above 3 concerns. Implementing zero carbon policies would place us no better than the ancients throwing their youths into the volcvanos to appease the Gods.
    With a similar background in Biology, I'm now curious about your thoughts on the causes of unclean air and water. What do you propose to prevent them from worsening or to improve their quality?

6. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

30% of electricity produced worldwide was from clean energy sources
    first I doubt seriously that is correct

second, without substantial gubment subsidies, NONE of that would exist

third, I'm pretty sure that many of the components used in the clean energy sources come from O & G

fourth, wait until they become obsolete, then there will be the costs associated with the graveyard effect

from beginning to end, it is a scam and waste . . .

How did fires stop and start without humans?
    How did species go extinct before humans arrived on the scene?
    How were people able to read before electric lights were invented?
    How did rivers change course without human intervention?
    Just because a process is natural does not mean that humans cannot accentuate those natural processes.
    LoL! You're talking about natural phenomenon. We are talking about "man made climate change". Stop being obtuse. Did you even read my entire post?

Nice, 3 out of my 4 are in Biology as well. I haven't been exposed to the lowering of standards of living yet though.
    Zero carbon - no farming. No farming - no food. No food
    - no people. Simple as that, or are you looking forward to eating the bugs?

With a similar background in Biology, I'm now curious about your thoughts on the causes of unclean air and water. What do you propose to prevent them from worsening or to improve their quality?
    Replace Coal with Nuclear in the energy equation. Increase research funding into safer fertilizers. Create a global fund to increase potable water in the third world. Civil engineer smaller cities connected by much better public transport.

Just off the top of my head.

China causes 90% of the worlds polution, until thats taken care of the rest of the world is ____ing in the wind.

10. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    China causes 90% of the worlds polution, until thats taken care of the rest of the world is ____ing in the wind.
    . . . facts . . . facts always seem to get in the way . . .

11. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Recycling hasn’t worked anywhere else, it won’t work here, it’s not cost effective or energy efficient. It’s another feel good story.
    Auto salvage has been a tremendous success story.

It just wasn't initiated as "recycling" so it gets overlooked.

12. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Sea levels are rising. I am not sure what point you are attempting to make
    Key coastal areas are sinking but all across the board are billed mainly as sea levels rising.

13. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

"Consensus" can be wrong and can change too .
    Well concensus does start with con

14. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LoL! You're talking about natural phenomenon. We are talking about "man made climate change". Stop being obtuse. Did you even read my entire post?
    So were you, right? You asked what caused sea level change before the Anthropocene like it was something humans have no control over.

15. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    first I doubt seriously that is correct

second, without substantial gubment subsidies, NONE of that would exist

third, I'm pretty sure that many of the components used in the clean energy sources come from O & G

fourth, wait until they become obsolete, then there will be the costs associated with the graveyard effect

from beginning to end, it is a scam and waste . . .
    Oh YOU seriously doubt it. Gotcha. Dunning-Kruger in full effect.
    And I thought you were cool with subsidies? Whiplash man

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information