Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 225

Thread: Hurricane Beryl

  1. #31

    Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Lima beans are delicious


  2. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    How do you think they aquire the silica, aluminum, copper , glass etc to make them? not with your so called "green energy" vehicles. Have you seen a silica mine? There is a reason a house with a roof covered in solar panels still cant disconnect from the powerlines, it simply backfeeds the line to help lower your bill. All of those panels cant even power 1 house. You could cover every house on the block with solar, put an extra solar farm and you will still need instant power. Do you know the cost of putting solar on your roof? how many light bills that equates to? Its not practical and it damn sure isnt clean.
    No argument there. Extraction and transport of anything is a dirty business. Have you seen a mountain top removal coal mine or strip mining operation? Call me when a solar panel spews 5 million barrels of oil or leaks tar sand oil into the environment.
    I will be doing a deep dive to the costs/benefits of roof top solar shortly. We have several in our neighborhood and all have mostly positives to say. We have decided we will not downsize homes so we will be here indefinitely. I'll update you on the progress.

  3. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Do whatever floats your boat on your personal property and in your personal space.

    When it comes to needed energy levels for communities and industries, if you don't want traditional energy production, then Small Modular Nuclear Reactors are the only way forward to save the most human lives.
    That would be a huge part of the solution but I think that ship has sailed in the US. Too much lingering negative attached to the word "nuclear". Maybe rebrand it "glowing energy" or something!

  4. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . but, but, but, you bet that subsidy check from the gubment
    Do O & G industries get subsidies?

  5. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Do O & G industries get subsidies?
    I feel quite sure you will find some benefit which they receive to call a subsidy . . .

  6. #36

    Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    No argument there. Extraction and transport of anything is a dirty business. Have you seen a mountain top removal coal mine or strip mining operation? Call me when a solar panel spews 5 million barrels of oil or leaks tar sand oil into the environment.
    I will be doing a deep dive to the costs/benefits of roof top solar shortly. We have several in our neighborhood and all have mostly positives to say. We have decided we will not downsize homes so we will be here indefinitely. I'll update you on the progress.
    I’m not the one claiming my energy is “green” or “clean”, you are. Do You mean the oil that Leaks from the ocean floor naturally? The oil from the earth? We could never leak more crude oil than the earth already Leaks naturally, it’s crude oil (natural) and NATURAL gas. Make sure to include the subsidy that everyone is paying for in your cost analysis. I bet taking that $40k out of their own pocket for solar panels would change their minds about how positive it is. You could definitely go “green”, just get off rid of air condition, heat and hot water. Oh and your stove, and your vehicle even if it’s electric is a joke bc it uses “dirty” electricity to charge. Wonder where all these toxic batteries will be buried when they die? We haven’t even talked about the scam that is windmills yet.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    I’m not the one claiming my energy is “green” or “clean”, you are. Do You mean the oil that Leaks from the ocean floor naturally? The oil from the earth? We could never leak more crude oil than the earth already Leaks naturally, it’s crude oil (natural) and NATURAL gas. Make sure to include the subsidy that everyone is paying for in your cost analysis. I bet taking that $40k out of their own pocket for solar panels would change their minds about how positive it is. You could definitely go “green”, just get off rid of air condition, heat and hot water. Oh and your stove, and your vehicle even if it’s electric is a joke bc it uses “dirty” electricity to charge. Wonder where all these toxic batteries will be buried when they die? We haven’t even talked about the scam that is windmills yet.
    You NAILED it here. Thanks for posting.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Like every contentious topic portrayed to us by left and right news outlets, there's a bit more nuance to the discussion. In 2024, is it net zero to use "renewable" forms of energy? No. Is the industry subsidized? Yes. I personally don't own or desire to own EVs or solar panels. Instead of it being one side versus the other, the rational stance is to keep moving forward and diversifying our energy sources while pumping money into researching alternatives.

    I don't think someone should be attacked for wanting to be progressive on forms of energy, and I work in O&G, or O&G adjacent.

    Imagine how different the world looked 100 years ago, and all of the technological advances our grandparents witnessed throughout their lives. It's going to be much of the same moving forward, if not accelerated.


  9. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    That would be a huge part of the solution but I think that ship has sailed in the US. Too much lingering negative attached to the word "nuclear". Maybe rebrand it "glowing energy" or something!
    "New Clear"

  10. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    I’m not the one claiming my energy is “green” or “clean”, you are. Do You mean the oil that Leaks from the ocean floor naturally? The oil from the earth? We could never leak more crude oil than the earth already Leaks naturally, it’s crude oil (natural) and NATURAL gas. Make sure to include the subsidy that everyone is paying for in your cost analysis. I bet taking that $40k out of their own pocket for solar panels would change their minds about how positive it is. You could definitely go “green”, just get off rid of air condition, heat and hot water. Oh and your stove, and your vehicle even if it’s electric is a joke bc it uses “dirty” electricity to charge. Wonder where all these toxic batteries will be buried when they die? We haven’t even talked about the scam that is windmills yet.
    Have solar panels or windmills hurt you in the past? This seems like a lot of vitriol.
    So environmental catastrophes are ok because of nature? Strange take.
    Were you one of the people who would sabotage tractors when they first started appearing on farms or broke mechanical looms, etc? I mean at least the Luddites had some semblance of a cause. You just seem angry at progress.

  11. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I feel quite sure you will find some benefit which they receive to call a subsidy . . .
    So is that a yes or a no? It seems as if you are equivocating.

  12. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    So is that a yes or a no? It seems as if you are equivocating.
    I don’t ever do anything that big . . .

  13. #43

    Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Have solar panels or windmills hurt you in the past? This seems like a lot of vitriol.
    So environmental catastrophes are ok because of nature? Strange take.
    Were you one of the people who would sabotage tractors when they first started appearing on farms or broke mechanical looms, etc? I mean at least the Luddites had some semblance of a cause. You just seem angry at progress.
    It’s not an environmental catastrophe if it’s natural clown. Nature IS the environment. Crude oil and natural gas in the ocean isn’t it disaster, it’s very natural and happens constantly on an unmeasurable scale. It’s not progress, very far from it actually and it’s anything but “green” or “clean”, that’s the scam part.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Ah, the nice steady hum of generators at night. No power, no internet, but finally enough cell signal to sporadically check the Rage Page. Life is good!


  15. #45

    Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

    Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Ah, the nice steady hum of generators at night. No power, no internet, but finally enough cell signal to sporadically check the Rage Page. Life is good!
    Just use the solar panels

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 199
    Last Post: July 5th, 2024, 04:29 pm
  2. Beryl Shipley Classic Tournament Central
    By NewsCopy in forum Basketball
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 20th, 2011, 09:15 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •