Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Beryl

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Saw an article months back where these large solar farms were raising the atmospheric temperature more than carbon emissions.

I do recognize like any set of data. You can make it tell the story you want it to tell. But it does make sense to me. I drive a black vehicle and it attracts a lot of heat in the summer.

The simple fact where the expansion of urban heat islands since record keeping started 100+ years ago has contributed greatly to temperature rise. It doesn’t take a PhD to use common sense observation.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Saw an article months back where these large solar farms were raising the atmospheric temperature more than carbon emissions.

I do recognize like any set of data. You can make it tell the story you want it to tell. But it does make sense to me. I drive a black vehicle and it attracts a lot of heat in the summer.
    If you think a couple of solar farms are what's causing atmospheric temperatures, you should see how urban areas with extensive parking lots, streets, and rooftops contribute significantly to the urban heat island effect. As you mentioned this phenomenon occurs because these surfaces absorb and retain more heat compared to natural landscapes.

Urban areas can be significantly warmer than their rural surroundings due to the high concentration of buildings, roads, and other infrastructure that absorb and re-emit heat. Daytime temperatures in cities can be 1-7°F higher than in outlying areas, and nighttime temperatures can be 2-5°F higher​​.

Material Properties: Surfaces like asphalt, concrete, and dark rooftops absorb and retain heat much more than natural surfaces. These materials can become extremely hot under the sun and contribute to the overall warming of the urban environment. For example, conventional roofing materials can reach temperatures up to 60°F warmer than the ambient air​ "My NASA Data"​​​.

Therefore, while solar farms can have localized heating effects, the widespread impact of urban infrastructure on atmospheric temperatures is a much larger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    People all excited about UL and the solar farm. Hope there’s a backup plan, seen this first hand. Hurricane force winds and solar panels. No quick fix.
    Dang what part of Texas is this?

5. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

The simple fact where the expansion of urban heat islands since record keeping started 100+ years ago has contributed greatly to temperature rise. It doesn’t take a PhD to use common sense observation.
    Since Urban Heat Islands have been a known thing for a while now, I would imagine that they are factored into the overall readings. I would be very surprised if UHIs have much effect on the global atmospheric temp.

6. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Dang what part of Texas is this?
    I doubt it's Texas. But Truth never got in the way of manufactured outrage. I have seen pics of shingle roofs torn off houses in TX. Maybe we should stop putting roofs on too. Go back to the good old days of thatch and sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Annnddd no actual thought. Expected.
    Its not green energy, quite toxic actually. They dont even produce the energy it takes to make them. The biggest problem with "green energy" is storing it, which is extremely toxic and inefficient. Its a scam but you keep virtue signaling how much better you are because you believe the lies. We could definitely discuss this if you want to actually learn something about it.

8. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Its not green energy, quite toxic actually. They dont even produce the energy it takes to make them. The biggest problem with "green energy" is storing it, which is extremely toxic and inefficient. Its a scam but you keep virtue signaling how much better you are because you believe the lies. We could definitely discuss this if you want to actually learn something about it.
    Its a scam . . . you cold have stopped there

9. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

It takes more energy to manufacture a solar panel than the panel makes over a 20-30 lifespan?
    I mentioned storage in an earlier post. That is usually the sticking point for all energy sources. That 24 gallon tank of 91 octane is pretty bad stuff. Luckily there is research on many types of less hazardous storage solutions.
    I never said anything about being better than anyone else. Projecting a little maybe? Or feeling guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Therefore, while solar farms can have localized heating effects, the widespread impact of urban infrastructure on atmospheric temperatures is a much larger issue.
    100% agree. The study was conducted directly in the vicinity of the solar farms. Just thought it was an interesting take I had never thought about.

11. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Its a scam . . . you cold have stopped there
    "cold" you ever add anything to a conversation? History says no but there is always hope I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    It takes more energy to manufacture a solar panel than the panel makes over a 20-30 lifespan?
    I mentioned storage in an earlier post. That is usually the sticking point for all energy sources. That 24 gallon tank of 91 octane is pretty bad stuff. Luckily there is research on many types of less hazardous storage solutions.
    I never said anything about being better than anyone else. Projecting a little maybe? Or feeling guilty?
    How do you think they aquire the silica, aluminum, copper , glass etc to make them? not with your so called "green energy" vehicles. Have you seen a silica mine? There is a reason a house with a roof covered in solar panels still cant disconnect from the powerlines, it simply backfeeds the line to help lower your bill. All of those panels cant even power 1 house. You could cover every house on the block with solar, put an extra solar farm and you will still need instant power. Do you know the cost of putting solar on your roof? how many light bills that equates to? Its not practical and it damn sure isnt clean.

13. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

How do you think they aquire the silica, aluminum, copper , glass etc to make them? not with your so called "green energy" vehicles. Have you seen a silica mine? There is a reason a house with a roof covered in solar panels still cant disconnect from the powerlines, it simply backfeeds the line to help lower your bill. All of those panels cant even power 1 house. You could cover evry house on the block with solar, put an extra solar farm and you will still need instant power. Do you knwo the cost of putting solar on your roof? how many light bills that equates to? Its not practical and it damn sure isnt clean.
    . . . but, but, but, you bet that subsidy check from the gubment

People all excited about UL and the solar farm. Hope there’s a backup plan, seen this first hand. Hurricane force winds and solar panels. No quick fix.
    Beautiful!

Do whatever floats your boat on your personal property and in your personal space.

When it comes to needed energy levels for communities and industries, if you don't want traditional energy production, then Small Modular Nuclear Reactors are the only way forward to save the most human lives.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information