Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Beryl

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I believe the NEST, being connected to the internet/wifi, could be manipulated by outside interests. That's why I got rid of mine.
    Hooooohhhhh boy.

2. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Very entertaining thread.
    Don't trust NOAA, NASA or UN for science. But trust your own 'opinion or feelings' about scientific matters. Get our understanding of a highly complicated atmospheric, hydrospheric and lithospheric phenomenon from a dead standup comedian. Cannot figure out a smart thermostat-blame the thermostat. Same thermostat is secretly sending data to the Reds who will then use it to kill everyone by turning up the heat. Humans cannot change/control the environment(except we have been doing that for 6000-ish years. 5 million barrels of crude dumped into the GOM AT ONE TIME is not a big deal. Subsidies BAD-but not THOSE subsidies. If one thinks there may be a better way than fossil fuels going forward, that person is now obligated to never use fossil fuels again, immediately.
    Did I miss anything?
    It's been fun guys and I truly appreciate the constructive discourse from those capable of it. I absolutely do not mind hearing other arguments, etc. I understand that this topic is nuanced but I also understand that one cannot use logic to dissuade someone from a position they did not use logic to arrive at.

3. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Hooooohhhhh boy.
    The tin foil is strong right here.
    Family in Spring-Cypress area got theirs on yesterday. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Don't trust NOAA, NASA or UN for science.
    Don't trust one darn word about anything coming from the UN.

Unfortunately, politics has infected nearly every governmental or quasi-gorvernmental organization, including NOAA and NASA. I have learned over the last 40 years to take all climate alarmism with a grain of salt. I prefer to have a bigger view of our planet than the last 100 years.

Humans cannot change/control the environment(except we have been doing that for 6000-ish years.
    We definitely can change an environment. I am a HUGE advocate for clean air/clean water. I doubt, other than Nuclear War, that mankind can change the climate of the Earth in any way that comes close to what Mother Nature can do all by herself whenever she feels like it.

Very entertaining thread.
    Don't trust NOAA, NASA or UN for science. But trust your own 'opinion or feelings' about scientific matters. Get our understanding of a highly complicated atmospheric, hydrospheric and lithospheric phenomenon from a dead standup comedian. Cannot figure out a smart thermostat-blame the thermostat. Same thermostat is secretly sending data to the Reds who will then use it to kill everyone by turning up the heat. Humans cannot change/control the environment(except we have been doing that for 6000-ish years. 5 million barrels of crude dumped into the GOM AT ONE TIME is not a big deal. Subsidies BAD-but not THOSE subsidies. If one thinks there may be a better way than fossil fuels going forward, that person is now obligated to never use fossil fuels again, immediately.
    Did I miss anything?
    It's been fun guys and I truly appreciate the constructive discourse from those capable of it. I absolutely do not mind hearing other arguments, etc. I understand that this topic is nuanced but I also understand that one cannot use logic to dissuade someone from a position they did not use logic to arrive at.
    Logic 101

54 years of Globalist propaganda science vs an amateur part time Acadia Parish rocket scientist

This is Actual science on global warming and it's effect on sea levels.

1970: Cajun Field -2 ft
    2024: Cajun Field still at -2 ft

You're being brainwashed. As a part time Acadia Parish amateur rocket scientist I am impressed and yet disappointed on how effective the globalist propaganda fear machine has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Logic 101

54 years of Globalist propaganda science vs an amateur part time Acadia Parish rocket scientist

You're being brainwashed. As a part time Acadia Parish amateur rocket scientist I am impressed and yet disappointed on how effective the globalist propaganda fear machine has worked.
    If Cajun Field's elevation measurement is tied to the NAD 83 mean sea level, that may change next year as the USGS plans to adjust where the mean sea level elevation is referenced. The updated reference point could result in a lower elevation than the current -2 feet.

Nah. Probably going to be a few more days. My area has (/had) lots of big trees. Was a totally mess.
    I’m still out in Spring today

You could have just, ummmm, changed the setting.
    That’s the problem. I had all seven days set, in 4 hour blocks. Was ignoring my settings.

Have a friend that lived in Florida. They had a special needs situation that needed to be exempt from rolling blackouts. Had to have a Nest thermostat so the utility system knew to not shut off their power.

9. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Logic 101

As a part time rocket scientist do you not think it is strange that when evidence is presented that is contrary to one's beliefs they immediately look for some nefarious plot? Like ALL of these scientists for ALL of these years are just completely controlled by Soros or China or Big Solar or whoever. Is there something specific and systematic that one can point to in all of the UN funded research that would make one completely disavow everything? When evidence is presented that shows the global temps (oceanic and atmospheric) are increasing at the fastest rates ever recorded and some people just cover their ears and eyes and blame Obummer or Al Gore and the other elites?
    There is a segment of today's society, a very vocal one, that would have absolutely refused to look through Galileo's telescope.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I prefer to have a bigger view of our planet than the last 100 years.
    I am also skeptical, but 100 years ago there were fewer than 2 billion people. Now there's 8 billion, and the world has industrialized 10-fold. So it's hard to outright discredit mankind's contributions to the ever-changing homeostasis of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We definitely can change an environment. I am a HUGE advocate for clean air/clean water. I doubt, other than Nuclear War, that mankind can change the climate of the Earth in any way that comes close to what Mother Nature can do all by herself whenever she feels like it.
    Agreed.

11. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That’s the problem. I had all seven days set, in 4 hour blocks. Was ignoring my settings.

Have a friend that lived in Florida. They had a special needs situation that needed to be exempt from rolling blackouts. Had to have a Nest thermostat so the utility system knew to not shut off their power.
    Oh heck. Been using Nest since there first generation. Possibly the most worthwhile smart home devices we have. The only time I had trouble was several years ago when they had an outage on their end but it only lasted a couple of hours. It was not a problem for us because the weather here was fine but can imagine in very warm temps(global warming!) or very cold temps, with someone with a medical issue, it would be a issue.

As a part time rocket scientist do you not think it is strange that when evidence is presented that is contrary to one's beliefs they immediately look for some nefarious plot? Like ALL of these scientists for ALL of these years are just completely controlled by Soros or China or Big Solar or whoever. Is there something specific and systematic that one can point to in all of the UN funded research that would make one completely disavow everything? When evidence is presented that shows the global temps (oceanic and atmospheric) are increasing at the fastest rates ever recorded and some people just cover their ears and eyes and blame Obummer or Al Gore and the other elites?
    There is a segment of today's society, a very vocal one, that would have absolutely refused to look through Galileo's telescope.
    Yall quit defaming rocket scientists like that. The climate arm of NASA is totally separate from the space arm.

13. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Yall quit defaming rocket scientists like that. The climate arm of NASA is totally separate from the space arm.
    most ams are separated by a body (politic)

and there lies the problem . . .

14. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

I would imagine, but not sure, that NASA does most of the observation and NOAA does most of the analysis.

15. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    most ams are separated by a body (politic)

and there lies the problem . . .
    vic-You remind me of Terrance Howard, the guy who has figured out 'new math' or something where he 'proves' that 1x1 is actually 2. He says a lot of words that make zero sense except in his own head. Except that Howard is more verbose and probably makes more sense.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information