Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Beryl

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

When someone tells me climate change is real and I need to pay for “carbon credits”, then buys TWO beachfront homes, just follow the freaking money.

We live on an eons old river delta, of course it will erode. At the same time, new land is appearing south of the basin. It’s nature.

I’ll read through all of this in coming days to see the “green” vs “hazardous” fuel discussion later. Maybe.

We lost power around 3am on Monday and got it back about 3-4pm today. Thank God for gasoline and propane that keeps generators running!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’ll read through all of this in coming days to see the “green” vs “hazardous” fuel discussion later. Maybe.

We lost power around 3am on Monday and got it back about 3-4pm today. Thank God for gasoline and propane that keeps generators running!
    Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    When someone tells me climate change is real and I need to pay for “carbon credits”, then buys TWO beachfront homes, just follow the freaking money.

We live on an eons old river delta, of course it will erode. At the same time, new land is appearing south of the basin. It’s nature.
    You’re looking at this all wrong and are Exhibit ‘A’ for those who need reeducation camp. Proper folks will be in touch with you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    You’re looking at this all wrong and are Exhibit ‘A’ for those who need reeducation camp. Proper folks will be in touch with you shortly.
    Naw, my brother went all in on solar when the subsidies existed years ago. It was great, has ~4K conditioned, all electric, bill was about 100/mth in the summer. The utilities started considering him a producer and came up with fees that rendered the investment useless. He’s at the point of considering getting more panels, buying two totaled Toyota Prisuses for the batteries and flipping off the grid. He has a generator back up, so he probably could pull it off.

The risk he sees is replacement parts (took a lightning hit this year, fried a panel, no parts) and hurricane damage. His panels are high enough where theft risk is very low.

ALWAYS follow the money.

Naw, my brother went all in on solar when the subsidies existed years ago. It was great, has ~4K conditioned, all electric, bill was about 100/mth in the summer. The utilities started considering him a producer and came up with fees that rendered the investment useless. He’s at the point of considering getting more panels, buying two totaled Toyota Prisuses for the batteries and flipping off the grid. He has a generator back up, so he probably could pull it off.

The risk he sees is replacement parts (took a lightning hit this year, fried a panel, no parts) and hurricane damage. His panels are high enough where theft risk is very low.

ALWAYS follow the money.
    Reading this was hilarious. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Reading this was hilarious. Thanks.
    You’re welcome. Real life is the best teacher. Mankind always wants to grasp the brass ring, not knowing the rope holding it is rotten.

Real life experience is way better than manipulated statistics and fear mongering. Examples of risk are often overlooked when grasping the brass ring.

and flipping off the grid.
    Will be illegal soon. You will eat the bugs, and you will be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Will be illegal soon. You will eat the bugs, and you will be happy about it.
    LOL, we pulled our Nest thermostats out. The constant game playing of manipulating the thermostat in the summer had to go. Not a darn thing smart about coming home to a 82 degree house.

I’ll be passing thru an earthworm before I eat bugs.

This clip is the best and simplest explanation of the heat we are experiencing.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/472811.ibextid=0NULKw

LOL, we pulled our Nest thermostats out. The constant game playing of manipulating the thermostat in the summer had to go. Not a darn thing smart about coming home to a 82 degree house.

I’ll be passing thru an earthworm before I eat bugs.
    You could have just, ummmm, changed the setting.

12. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Electricity yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Electricity yet?
    Nah. Probably going to be a few more days. My area has (/had) lots of big trees. Was a totally mess.

14. Default Re: Hurricane Beryl

I have a buddy in Katy area got his back yesterday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I believe the NEST, being connected to the internet/wifi, could be manipulated by outside interests. That's why I got rid of mine.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information