Thread: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

UL Basketball Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.85acd0778.html

Interesting article by Kevin Foote on the Cajuns MBB newcomers is linked above. It appears in this morning's hard copy edition of the Acadiana Advocate. Hopefully most of you can access it as some articles in every newspaper are behind paywalls these days.

UL Basketball Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Hoping they blend well as a team. We may have more talent and be stronger under the boards

3. UL Basketball Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Marlin fishing

Default Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Is it the last year of his latest contract? This usually determines how good the team will be.

Another new team. . . . .same old coach. Take a look back over the last 15 YEARS of this program, and tell my why anyone should be excited about year 16 with this coach.

6. Default Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Another new team. . . . .same old coach. Take a look back over the last 15 YEARS of this program, and tell my why anyone should be excited about year 16 with this coach.
    . . . well because James, just because . . . get on board or get out . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Is it the last year of his latest contract? This usually determines how good the team will be.
    No this is not Coach Marlin's last year on the contract. He has 3 years remaining on his contract, including the upcoming year. I suggest people read the article to form an opinion on what can be expected in 24-25. The article does present an optimistic point of view. However, every coach in America would do the same in such an interview. No one is going to say we are going to suck this year. As far as having a new team goes, that is also what the majority of teams are going through in almost every season under the current environment. We have 7 returning players and 6 newcomers. I believe 7 returnees is above average in our conference.

8. Default Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Marlin is pushing all the right buttons.

Buttons he should have pushed a decade ago.

Better a late button pusher than to have never pushed buttons at all.

9. Default Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    he has never been in the last year of his contract so how could that determine anything

10. Default Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    he has never been in the last year of his contract so how could that determine anything
    This is true.

So many rollover incentive years added he has never actually coached the last year of his contract. What seemed like a "last year" added a year before the next contract was written.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He was in the last year of a contract in 22-23. I do believe that was the only time that occurred in his tenure here. The conference tournament title caused an automatic one year extension to kick in which was this past season. A 3 year extension was negotiated after the 23 title and it begins this upcoming season. I don't have a clue on details of what the current 3 year contract entails. I believe it includes a reduced salary, reduced buyout, and improved deals for the remainder of the staff. The contract is immaterial to what I intended to do with the original post. That was posted with the idea of giving people an idea what to expect from the new guys coming on board.

12. Default Re: Kevin Foote MBB newcomers article

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He was in the last year of a contract in 22-23. .
    True.

Except Marlin has never had to negotiate a new contract without having an upcoming year already guaranteed.

Thread Information