Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gas prices

Default Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Damn we have some old fogies on this board!
    $0.96 is the cheapest I can remember.

I remember 4 gas stations at a Houston intersection having a gas war, all around 25 cents. My dad picked the one giving Houston Oiler glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Since this site has a lot of older folks on it, what is the cheapest that you remember gas prices?
    When I was in high school, it ran about 26¢. A speaker came to our school, said it would be over $1 in a year or two.

We all laughed.

Even today, we have it very good here. In most of the advanced countries, prices are double to near-triple what we pay. There's a reason they drive mo-peds and itsy-bitsy cars.
    (Remember to change the chart from liters to gallons): https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/g.prices/Europe/

4. Default Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    note: indexed for inflation, not sure we not paying less now than most of the times previous except the late 90’s early 2000’s

I remember being in the truck with my dad, early 70's, driving up to the pump and him saying in disgust "Goollleee, 45 cents!", after an apparent price spike. He actually used a different word from goollleee. After that I started paying attention to gas prices.

6. Default Re: Gas prices

Normal prices where the pump wasn't set incorrectly or some sort of wild promotion - I remember .79 cents during or right after the Gulf War. (I'm 41)

7. Default Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    note: indexed for inflation, not sure we not paying less now than most of the times previous except the late 90’s early 2000’s
    Is that why the donations rolled in during those times and our success on field skyrocketed? Oh wait

8. Default Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    Normal prices where the pump wasn't set incorrectly or some sort of wild promotion - I remember .79 cents during or right after the Gulf War. (I'm 41)
    You started driving early, lol.
    I remember at that same time, similar price, and kids from jefferson parish were driving to chalmette to save 5 to 7 cents. Lol. Didnt seem worth it but all we did was drive around anyway most of the time so might as well be productive, lol

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    17.9 cents per gallon
    Geezer.

You were buying it at the pharmacy in those days, weren't you?

(For you youngsters, gasoline was originally sold in drug stores.)

I was 7 in Norco at the time, and I think it was $0.23/gal there. Would walk the 2 blocks to the gas station (because you could at that time) with a gallon can for the mower.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

Even today, we have it very good here. In most of the advanced countries, prices are double to near-triple what we pay. There's a reason they drive mo-peds and itsy-bitsy cars.
    (Remember to change the chart from liters to gallons): https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/g.prices/Europe/
    No way, man. Some of our politicians keep raving that the oil & gas industry is manipulating prices and gouging Americans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information