Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Logo?

Default Re: New Logo?

We already have our 2 best logos, the FDL and script Cajuns. No reason to combine.

Anything else is old and stale at this point.

With all due respect to your passion and efforts: no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    With all due respect to your passion and efforts: no thank you.
    Haha! Thankyou i dont mind the criticism

4. Default Re: New Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We already have our 2 best logos, the FDL and script Cajuns. No reason to combine.

Anything else is old and stale at this point.
    neither one of those scream LOUISIANA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    neither one of those scream LOUISIANA
    It doesn’t matter. You put Louisiana in big bold letters across the front the jersey and everything is fine. Don’t need a logo for that.

6. Default Re: New Logo?

out of all of the things used or tossed around, only the silhouette of the state screams Louisiana when you look at it

who are we . . . Louisiana

what do we want them to see in our branding . . . Louisiana

what branding symbol of them all screams out LOUISIANA . . . the silhouette of the State of Louisiana, which coincidentally also makes and L . . . for LOUISIANA . . .

SEE IT AND SCREAM IT OUT LOUD . . . LOUISIANA

7. Default Re: New Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    out of all of the things used or tossed around, only the silhouette of the state screams Louisiana when you look at it

who are we . . . Louisiana

what do we want them to see in our branding . . . Louisiana

what branding symbol of them all screams out LOUISIANA . . . the silhouette of the State of Louisiana, which coincidentally also makes and L . . . for LOUISIANA . . .

SEE IT AND SCREAM IT OUT LOUD . . . LOUISIANA
    When people see the FDL they think New Orleans Saints who are obviously in Louisiana. It would only make sense that the FDL screams Louisiana…

8. Default Re: New Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    When people see the FDL they think New Orleans Saints who are obviously in Louisiana. It would only make sense that the FDL screams Louisiana…
    well, we are not the Louisiana Saints . . . so there is that

9. Default Re: New Logo?

How is a logo different from branding?

A logo is a visual mark that represents the brand. Our brand is Louisiana. It's often the first thing customers see and remember about a brand.

A logo can be a simple wordmark, a graphic symbol or a combination of both. We should use the silhouette of the State of Louisiana and it can be used in combination with the FDL or the Script Cajuns, but neither of the later two alone scream our brand . . . LOUISIANA

Branding is the process of creating a unique identity. This includes developing the mission, values and personality. It also includes creating a visual identity, which includes the logo, typography, colors and overall aesthetic of the brand. Louisiana, red, white and black . . .

While a logo is an important part of branding, it's only one piece of the puzzle. Branding is a more holistic concept that encompasses everything that makes us unique . . . LOUISIANA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Never going to happen. Ragin Cajuns is a registered trademark and can be protected. Cajuns by itself cannot.
    We have the same issue with the FDL that we use and I believe it is a Registered with the specific design and colors. We should be able to do the same thing with CAJUNS.

The University of Texas has the same issue with Longhorns. Anyone can use Longhorns and it is not protected. The more Longhorns is used outside of the university, the more publicity the university gets for itself. The same applies to use of Cajuns.

My preference would be to get away from the old, worn out block Ragin Cajuns and continue use the script Cajuns, but dot the "J" with a small FDL instead of a star. And, when using Ragin Cajuns, make it in the format used for the script Cajuns.

I like the stacked Ragin Cajuns. I don’t understand the need to change it. The one and only!

12. Default Re: New Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I like the stacked Ragin Cajuns. I don’t understand the need to change it. The one and only!
    I like it stacked too, I wish Ragin' and Cajuns were heading in the same direction but I still like it stacked.

Not a fan of the arched stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    It would only make sense that the FDL screams Louisiana…
    Not in Louisville or their league.

14. Default Re: New Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana needs unified branding between athletics and academics.
    Si

15. Default Re: New Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    We have the same issue with the FDL that we use and I believe it is a Registered with the specific design and colors. We should be able to do the same thing with CAJUNS.

The University of Texas has the same issue with Longhorns. Anyone can use Longhorns and it is not protected. The more Longhorns is used outside of the university, the more publicity the university gets for itself. The same applies to use of Cajuns.

My preference would be to get away from the old, worn out block Ragin Cajuns and continue use the script Cajuns, but dot the "J" with a small FDL instead of a star. And, when using Ragin Cajuns, make it in the format used for the script Cajuns.
    https://www.npr.org/2022/12/03/11406.core-standards

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information