Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Advocate: Telling It Like it is.

Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

I don't think any NIL investor at our level gets anywhere close to a positive ROI on his money. In fact, the only ones I can think of offhand at ANY level who probably DO have a positive ROI are Livvie Dunne, who is insanely popular on social media, hence has millions of followers and many advertisers, and Caitlin Clark's sponsors [only because she has become a media and social media darling]. Of current NCAA athletes, I can think of none.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't think any NIL investor at our level gets anywhere close to a positive ROI on his money. In fact, the only ones I can think of offhand at ANY level who probably DO have a positive ROI are Livvie Dunne, who is insanely popular on social media, hence has millions of followers and many advertisers, and Caitlin Clark's sponsors [only because she has become a media and social media darling]. Of current NCAA athletes, I can think of none.
    Exactly. I believe there are very few athletes that fall in that category. Which is what I'm getting at. People can say NIL, but for the donor, I believe that's a losing "investment". It's the schools themselves that are truly capitalizing on name, image and likeness of these athletes, not the actual donors.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    that is why there is so much more money available now at the big schools . . . ROI . . . there is definitely more of a crap shoot for investors at the schools like in the Sunbelt
    Explain Zeon Chriss for me. Show me where the donor MADE money on that 250k investment. I'm gonna wait.

4. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

agree with you wholeheartedly at our level . . . those two athletes are an anomaly where anyone who latched on them won and are winning . . . Get Gordon, because of the nature of his business is killing it no matter the athlete . . . auto dealers not as much but still plenty of ROI because they can recover much of there implored capital investment if they structure it right . . . at Louisiana, the biggest return on investment will be creating a more competitive team as opposed to financial because the numbers you reach to patronize your services or products are so much lower . . . it’s all a matter of zeros after the first comma . . .

5. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Explain Zeon Chriss for me. Show me where the donor MADE money on that 250k investment. I'm gonna wait.
    . . . I don’t know anything about it other than the menial facts you provided . . .

6. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Exactly. I believe there are very few athletes that fall in that category. Which is what I'm getting at. People can say NIL, but for the donor, I believe that's a losing "investment". It's the schools themselves that are truly capitalizing on name, image and likeness of these athletes, not the actual donors.
    wut

7. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

that is why there is so much more money available now at the big schools . . . ROI . . . there is definitely more of a crap shoot for investors at the schools like in the Sunbelt
    If any of these companies go out of business will they be liable to investors if they spent on NIL and found now positive ROI

. . . I don’t know anything about it other than the menial facts you provided . . .
    You have 2 college degrees and you can't figure this out?

9. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

You have 2 college degrees and you can't figure this out?
    . . . I would need a Jeanie or a mind reader . . . I can’t shat the facts . . .

10. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

But what product makes her a positive roi to advertise? If she is making her own money based on posts/activity monitization that is different and not ROI that a company would see based on paying NIL

I don't think any NIL deal is made with an expectation of a ROI. Making an NIL deal is now simply a legal way of paying a player(s).

12. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I don't think any NIL deal is made with an expectation of a ROI. Making an NIL deal is now simply a legal way of paying a player(s).
    Exactly

13. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

$$$$ drives the world . . . NIL now drives the athletic world . . . have some or stay home
    Guess I'll be "staying home." NIL not a priority in my budget.

14. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

$$$$ drives the world . . . NIL now drives the athletic world . . . have some or stay home
    Not an either or.

Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    That's exactly my point

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information