Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Adapt or we will die

1. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    NIL is supposed to pay players for their impact on the program meaning paying them for their impact on promotion of the program ala sales of merchandise, TV rights etc It's not to lure a player here only to pay them and have them leave for a better offer. It's a payment in lieu of services or impact to the program, not the other way around.
    who are you to decide why anyone gets paid . . . sorry, but it ain’t supposed to be anything other than the SCOTUS says thou shalt not deprive the athlete of its constitutional right to make money, no more, now less

past sins against that constitutional right had to atone and it is what it is

but one thing it is not is what you said above, that’s just another whine

2. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    who are you to decide why anyone gets paid . . . sorry, but it ain’t supposed to be anything other than the SCOTUS says thou shalt not deprive the athlete of its constitutional right to make money, no more, now less

Did SC rule on NIL or a regular paycheck?

3. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    not sure I understand your question

4. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't think any NIL investor at our level gets anywhere close to a positive ROI on his money. In fact, the only ones I can think of offhand at ANY level who probably DO have a positive ROI are Livvie Dunne, who is insanely popular on social media, hence has millions of followers and many advertisers, and Caitlin Clark's sponsors [only because she has become a media and social media darling]. Of current NCAA athletes, I can think of none.
    Not sure who ivvie Dunn is but Clark more than earned whatever she was getting by increasing the popularity of WBB and now WNBA.

5. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I agree. The people throwing their money away in the NIL pot have F you money. I don't believe people are going to Gordon for legal reasons because he giving $$ to LSU NIL.
    His clients are the lswho players getting in trouble

6. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Has to be just NIL, or possibly compensation to college athletes if it were all paychecks the scotus themselves would be in violation as their own pay is limited

7. Default Re: Advocate: Telling It Like it is.

All ncaa NIL rules were put on hold in feb, not sure if ruling came down since?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs.ds-ncaa-rules/

Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Because that's not what NIL was initially called for. I think the O'Bannon lawsuit which was filed for that exact reason, that their Name, Image and Likenesses were being used for profit but not shared with the very profit center. It's not hard for most to see, well, maybe except for you

9. Default

Why did obannon think more people got the video game for him than any other players?

I had an nba video game once where everyone else had their names and numbers but michael jordan was just called "player"

10. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Some really, really good players will be falling out the other end of the recruiting straw.

It doesn't matter how much money the top end spends, until they force schools to allow unlimited players it won't change things for the bulk of college sports.

jmo

Not saying NIL funding isn't needed, but no need to chase rainbows.

11. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Unlimited players or high roster limits is the problem. It lets the biggest of big boys buy players they dont need just to keepnfrom playing against them

12. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Unlimited players or high roster limits is the problem. It lets the biggest of big boys buy players they dont need just to keepnfrom playing against them
    name five players that fits this description

13. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

name five players that fits this description
    Ara Parseghian: Rudy the NCAA is really strict with this 60 (err now 85) player rule, and in some positions we only have one backup

Only 22 needed to start. 35 if you add special teams? So about 50 a year per p5 team for the last 30 or 40 years and 25 per before that? Sounds like a few thousand

14. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Ara Parseghian: Rudy the NCAA is really strict with this 60 (err now 85) player rule, and in some positions we only have one backup

Only 22 needed to start. 35 if you add special teams? So about 50 a year per p5 team for the last 30 or 40 years and 25 per before that? Sounds like a few thousand
    Let me be a little more specific

Name five current players the big boys have bought to keep them from playing against them

15. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Let me be a little more specific

Name five current players the big boys have bought to keep them from playing against them
    Player 51-85 on depth chart, at most big boys.
    Maybe not the best example and not a big boy, but memphis didnt exactly "NEED" jordan brown

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information