Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adapt or we will die

1. Default Adapt or we will die

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.aca-featured-2

Personally, in principle, I don't like donating money to NIL groups. I donate to the RCAF and other specific sports clubs but may reallocate some of my donations to Krewe Allons. If we can't raise NIL money, we won't be able to compete

Default Re: Adapt or we will die

I saw that article yesterday, and I fully understand the message.

But sorry, I’m paying for my own kids’ college education. I’ll continue donating to the programs.

Hopefully some local businesses, from car dealerships to restaurants, find it worthwhile to sponsor an athlete for advertisement or something of that sort.

3. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.aca-featured-2

Personally, in principle, I don't like donating money to NIL groups. I donate to the RCAF and other specific sports clubs but may reallocate some of my donations to Krewe Allons. If we can't raise NIL money, we won't be able to compete
    I could be mistaken, however under recent NCAA rules changes, haven’t they made it so now Louisiana’s participation in NIL is no longer prohibited?

If that is the case, it can be handled through RCAF

Like Runner, I’m paying to get my youngest son through PT school with no loans and a fresh start when he gets out. 3 years $150,000 for just tuition and apartment. That is a chunk on one trying to wind down his work life.

4. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Fifty years of something like a CLASS organization and NIL would be taken care of.

Its not to late, start CLASS now.

Cajuns Louisiana Athletic Student Support organization.

5. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I could be mistaken, however under recent NCAA rules changes, haven’t they made it so now Louisiana’s participation in NIL is no longer prohibited?

Like Runner, I’m paying to get my youngest son through PT school with no loans and a fresh start when he gets out. 3 years $150,000 for just tuition and apartment. That is a chunk on one trying to wind down his work life.
    Not sure if the RCAF can contribute as it is a non-profit 503C corporation where contributions to it are tax deductible whereas contributions to a NIL aren't. Not sure if NIL donations from a 503C can be considered an legitimate expense. Any tax experts out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Fifty years of something like a CLASS organization and NIL would be taken care of.

Its not to late, start CLASS now.

Cajuns Louisiana Athletic Student Support organization.
    Now THAT sounds good, but isn't that what Krewe Allons is for?

7. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Yes

8. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Not sure if the RCAF can contribute as it is a non-profit 503C corporation where contributions to it are tax deductible whereas contributions to a NIL aren't. Not sure if NIL donations from a 503C can be considered an legitimate expense. Any tax experts out there?
    The question would be whether the use of RCAF for NIL would jeopardize their 501(c) 3 status?

If RCAF does not have that limitation, then we may have a mechanism for the NIL donations to RCAF by fans to indirectly be tax deductible . . .

9. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    No not even close.

CLASD would be for students and students only and is not involved in raising money.

In the long run however CLASS would raise more money than every effort UL has ever put forth, combined

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

Really? Yikes, where is this PT school? Do you mean physical therapy? Seems law or mba would be more cost effective

11. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Really? Yikes, where is this PT school? Do you mean physical therapy? Seems law or mba would be more cost effective
    Baton Rouge and not if you want to be a PT

Damn, i thought only in state PT school was monroe

Has CC adapted?

I think you’re mistakenly thinking about pharmacy school.

PT schools that I’m aware of in Louisiana: Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Shreveport (Franciscan Univ and LSU)

I believe there are online hybrid schools too, however I’m not as certain about those “online” options.

PT degree is a doctoral program, unlikely to earn doctoral degree for cost of MBA or even a law degree from a state public school for that matter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information