Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Adapt or we will die

1. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I don't think any NIL deal is made with an expectation of a ROI. Making an NIL deal is now simply a legal way of paying a player(s).
    Exactly

2. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    $$$$ drives the world . . . NIL now drives the athletic world . . . have some or stay home
    Guess I'll be "staying home." NIL not a priority in my budget.

3. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

$$$$ drives the world . . . NIL now drives the athletic world . . . have some or stay home
    Not an either or.

Nothing has changed.

Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I don't think any NIL deal is made with an expectation of a ROI. Making an NIL deal is now simply a legal way of paying a player(s).
    That's exactly my point

5. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    That's exactly my point
    Naivety running awry . . .

Naivety running awry . . .
    How is it naivity??? Clearly you're confused. You're the only one that doesn't understand.

7. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    How is it naivity??? Clearly you're confused. You're the only one that doesn't understand.
    . . . now you think you know what everyone else thinks . . .

8. Default Re: Advocate: Telling It Like it is.

The ROI for the entity/individual paying for NIL is laughable. You have kids fresh out of high school getting a nice payday for their NIL. How does one even arrive at a valuation of a high school kid's NIL? What the intent of NIL was and where we quickly arrived are two quite different places. The P4 elite will keep attempting to find fools to part with their money in the name of faux championships but eventually the bottom will fall out.

9. Default Re: Advocate: Telling It Like it is.

it’s like the thermos . . . but how do it know

10. Default Re: Adapt or we will die

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    But do the athletes/NIL recipients
    The quick answer is no, but we knew that pre-NIL. Playing a sport is a time-limited venture and unfortunately a number of athletes don't grasp this reality.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't think any NIL investor at our level gets anywhere close to a positive ROI on his money. In fact, the only ones I can think of offhand at ANY level who probably DO have a positive ROI are Livvie Dunne, who is insanely popular on social media, hence has millions of followers and many advertisers, and Caitlin Clark's sponsors [only because she has become a media and social media darling]. Of current NCAA athletes, I can think of none.
    I agree. The people throwing their money away in the NIL pot have F you money. I don't believe people are going to Gordon for legal reasons because he giving $$ to LSU NIL.

12. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I agree. The people throwing their money away in the NIL pot have F you money. I don't believe people are going to Gordon for legal reasons because he giving $$ to LSU NIL.
    they getting golden cause he givin LSU, a lot . . .

hey, get on board or get out cause it is what it is
    Out

14. Default Re: Telling It Like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Out
    well, maybe some good Com’n to the Cajuns from NIL

if you are that far back in the fog, give it up brother . . . 6 have just left softball and 3 or 4 left basketball
    NIL is supposed to pay players for their impact on the program meaning paying them for their impact on promotion of the program ala sales of merchandise, TV rights etc It's not to lure a player here only to pay them and have them leave for a better offer. It's a payment in lieu of services or impact to the program, not the other way around.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information