Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alyson Habetz Intro. Press Conference 24.06.28

Default Re: Alyson Habetz Intro. Press Conference 24.06.28

I’m hearing that Glasco really got scared with recruiting as he really struggled to get high-level recruits to even come on visits in the last year. His pipeline for 2025 was slim. He was adamant that NIL was to blame. We shall see if he is correct or not.

2. Default Re: Coach Alyson Habetz Introductory Press Conference Friday

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Whoever comes, I want to meet with you.
    It was great meeting with you earlier today maybe we can meet up for football in the fall.

3. Default Re: Alyson Habetz Intro. Press Conference 24.06.28

Hunter Veach and wife; Hunter Veach have left the Program. I liked her.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    I think I can understand why her hire was praised by so many not associated with UL. We knew but didn’t realize how many others did. Beyond the coaching thing she is truly a person of faith, values and heart. Plus she’s competitive.
    Glad she announced Shellie is staying on. Can’t wait to hear rest of staff.
    Tickets bought for upcoming season.
    Nice.

Default Re: Coach Alyson Habetz Introductory Press Conference Friday

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You’re buying season tickets next year right?
    I hope he does. I will provide the drinks on game 1 of the season. Just need the section, row and seat and I will make sure he is very hydrated. Hopefully he doesnt drink as fast as BeauCajun.

Default Re: Coach Alyson Habetz Introductory Press Conference Friday

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I've been wanting to do a RP get together to put faces to all the names.
    I asked last year for a monthly zoom of some sort on RP. Never heard back. I have meet many folks on this site at different events and games. Never meet someone that I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Is Hunter Veach still here?
    He's coaching a 10 and under travel ball team in Ogden, Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Hunter Veach and wife; Hunter Veach have left the Program. I liked her.
    They weren't part of the future plans anyway. Veach was just Glasco puppet.

I watched the press conference and was totally impressed. I have baseball season tickets, but always enjoyed the few softball games I have been able to attend each year. But after watching and listening to Alyson, I purchased a couple of softball season tickets today to go along with my baseball tickets. I just want to also support the softball program and will try to attend many more softball games in the future, in addition to baseball games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I’m hearing that Glasco really got scared with recruiting as he really struggled to get high-level recruits to even come on visits in the last year. His pipeline for 2025 was slim. He was adamant that NIL was to blame. We shall see if he is correct or not.
    Money always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I watched the press conference and was totally impressed. I have baseball season tickets, but always enjoyed the few softball games I have been able to attend each year. But after watching and listening to Alyson, I purchased a couple of softball season tickets today to go along with my baseball tickets. I just want to also support the softball program and will try to attend many more softball games in the future, in addition to baseball games.
    We need folks to purchase season tickets but also to attend the games or get someone to fill the tickets when they can't go. We need butts in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    We need folks to purchase season tickets but also to attend the games or get someone to fill the tickets when they can't go. We need butts in the stands.
    I will be in the stands as much as I can. When there is a conflict with Baseball and Softball, I will have to decide which is the "bigger" and/or more important game. It would be really great if Baseball and Softball could eliminate as many conflicts in scheduling as possible. I know it would be difficult, but it would certainly help those of us that want to support both programs.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Money always helps.
    Nothing against Glasco, but I get the feeling that Habetz will have an easier time raising money from the fanbase than he did. Mostly from her personality and local connection. Her press conference got people fired up

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Nothing against Glasco, but I get the feeling that Habetz will have an easier time raising money from the fanbase than he did. Mostly from her personality and local connection. Her press conference got people fired up
    He didn't connect with the fans much and was terrible at PR. I agree Aly will raise more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I know of three 2025 kids that he kept playing around with and they ended up as verbal commits elsewhere. One at Washington, one at Texas and one at Arkansas. UL could have had all three of these kids. All three are play for the name on front of the jersey type kids. These kids all were heart broken and wanted to play at UL. Maybe Aly can get them to change their minds.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information