Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have The Five Softball Players Officially Entered The Portal?

UL Softball Have The Five Softball Players Officially Entered The Portal?

Please help me. I cannot find anywhere online, on any softball site, that any of the five players have officially entered the portal.

They all said they were "going to", but, I don't see where any of them have.

If you know that any of the players have 100% entered the portal, please post a link.

Default Re: Have The Five Softball Players Officially Entered The Portal?

How interesting could this get. Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Please help me. I cannot find anywhere online, on any softball site, that any of the five players have officially entered the portal.

They all said they were "going to", but, I don't see where any of them have.

If you know that any of the players have 100% entered the portal, please post a link.
    FWIW: I looked myself and didn't see any of them so I made a phone call to someone who has more in depth access and this is correct. None of the five are officially listed in the ncaa softball portal as now. As Coach Deggs said its about to get real fun around here.

Wonder if that was a shot across the bow from the players to keep Maggard from cheaping out and hiring a community college coach

They should be in the portal tomorrow if they haven't change their mind. Let's see if any comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Wonder if that was a shot across the bow from the players to keep Maggard from cheaping out and hiring a community college coach
    What?!?

As I understand it, when players ‘enter’ the portal, the university has to actually submit it, and that can take 48-72 hours. I would be happily surprised if they aren’t all in there eventually, but the fact they currently are not appearing isn’t unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    As I understand it, when players ‘enter’ the portal, the university has to actually submit it, and that can take 48-72 hours. I would be happily surprised if they aren’t all in there eventually, but the fact they currently are not appearing isn’t unusual.
    Ellestad may stay. But I believe the others are gone.

All five are in now. Allred and Davis both have a Do Not Contact Designation.

Still not a word from Sam Landry. ??

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Still not a word from Sam Landry. ??
    Sam is waiting to see who the pitching coach will be.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Come on man .

13. Default Re: Have The Five Softball Players Officially Entered The Portal?

Sam Landry is an elite softball pitcher and there is no telling what we have missed out on by the short lived tenure of Justin Robichaux as a softball pitching coach

14. Default Re: Have The Five Softball Players Officially Entered The Portal?

when a Cajun athlete enters the portal to test the waters in an arena which we are unable to provide (NIL worth) and is not successful, under today’s climate, we should always do a complete evaluation and if that athlete makes the team better if they are accepted back, they should be accepted back

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Sam Landry is an elite softball pitcher and there is no telling what we have missed out on by the short lived tenure of Justin Robichaux as a softball pitching coach
    Are you insinuating that he hindered her progression?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information