Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M Job

Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    To add insult to injury Schlossnagle took every assistant coach with him to Texas.

Its just crazy that your one hit away from winning the CWS and in less than a week your replacing your whole coaching staff.
    That rivalry is so big, he would have taken the bat boys if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Trapped by their own wealth.
    That is a very good way to put it.

Evidently you aren't an idiot!

3. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    That is a very good way to put it.

Evidently you aren't an idiot!

4. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

https://forumeus.com/attachment.php?.1&d=1719424803

I sent this to my aTm buddy

he said thanks, I’m headed to the coast in the morning to fish trout

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He has not been contacted and doesn't expect be to for this position. They are working in the portal for a few more signees, so they don't want the speculation.

My personal opinion is like most college baseball media like Kendall Rogers have an agreement with coaches they have a relationship with not to add them to any speculation in return for allowing them to break the news first if the coach accepts the position. From the names I've seen tossed around for the opening, Coach Deggs is not even mentioned.
    But are you tracking flights between College Station and Lafayette?

6. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    But are you tracking flights between College Station and Lafayette?
    one was diverted to Knoxville and the other is still circling waiting for an answer

I don't see A&M hiring Deggs and I wouldn't want him to leave. But just for funsies, who would be someone you would want to see us bring in as the next skipper?

8. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I don't see A&M hiring Deggs and I wouldn't want him to leave. But just for funsies, who would be someone you would want to see us bring in as the next skipper?
    … so we now only hire UL alumns… Des, Habetz, any baseball guys y’all know of???…… the pitchers love him I think!

9. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    … so we now only hire UL alumns… Des, Habetz, any baseball guys y’all know of???…… the pitchers love him I think!
    how about the one already there Boomer . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    So they are above hiring the coach that sent Texas packing this year?
    Yep. A neighbor of mine who is a Texas Ex thanked me for UL beating Texas. Gave them a reason to fire their coach, which they did.

I see two possibilities.

1. Texas AM throws a bank at a big name with lots of guaranteed money (see Jimbo)

2. Texas AM goes for a successful mid major coach who can “embrace” Aggie traditions.

Hoping for #1.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    A&M losing their coach to Texas will not hire a coach from mid-major program. They are too competitive with Texas. It will have to be a major splash hire from a P4 highly successful program.
    Very true

13. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    If we are going to just hire UL alums, we better check the transcripts just to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Yep. A neighbor of mine who is a Texas Ex thanked me for UL beating Texas. Gave them a reason to fire their coach, which they did.
    Pierce really made little progress getting Texas back to prominence. Eight seasons is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Pierce really made little progress getting Texas back to prominence. Eight seasons is plenty.
    He went to Omaha 3 times in 7 seasons (2020 season cancelled). And was a fly ball lost in the lights last year in the supers from being there 4 times in 7 seasons.

The AD is Schloss’ buddy and wanted ANY reason to get him there. Texas losing in the regional gave him the reason. And let’s not forget, they were a ball bouncing off the 3rd base bag from being in the driver’s seat in the regional. Then had to turn around and play again after that heartbreaking loss around midnight.

Pierce got a raw deal in my opinion. He’ll be a winner wherever he ends up next if he chooses to keep coaching.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information