Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M Job

Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    In this changing landscape of college athletics, unless we suddenly get an influx of heavy donors, I hope we become THE place where the up and coming coaching stars come to launch themselves into a P4 job. I'll take a great young coach every 4-6 years that comes here and shows he is a star worthy of poaching. If we can't be the school with boatload of money to buy the big time players, give me the young hotshot coach every 4-6 years that can keep us at the top of G5
    Sad reality but exactly right

2. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

In this changing landscape of college athletics, unless we suddenly get an influx of heavy donors, I hope we become THE place where the up and coming coaching stars come to launch themselves into a P4 job. I'll take a great young coach every 4-6 years that comes here and shows he is a star worthy of poaching. If we can't be the school with boatload of money to buy the big time players, give me the young hotshot coach every 4-6 years that can keep us at the top of G5
    not exactly . . . you are presuming that every coach thought to be an "up and coming" coach will in fact be a superstar . . . while hindsight is 20/20, determining which young coach will in fact become a superstar will probably be proven to be a larger crap shoot than any university can accept as the first miss will set you back years . . .

1000%.

Deggs has been doing a damn good job while mostly getting JUCO guys. I think while most are going out and getting these top notch guys from the transfer portal it allows us to get better JUCO talent

The arms race in college baseball just went into overdrive. ATM already raised 80m to renovate one of the best college baseball stadiums in the country.

Now they are mad. If they need to raise another 5-10m to get the coaching staff they want, consider it done.

If someone decides they want to pay Deggs 500k or whatever he would need to be their hitting coach, consider that done as well.

College baseball has been my favorite sport since attending the CWS in 2000. It was the last truly amateur major college sport. The sun is setting on that.

6. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    No I didnt. He said something, and I was speaking from a broader perspective. If you think Pierce got fired Monday and Schloss hired Monday, you are an idiot.

Good try though.
    Thats not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thats not nice.
    Sometimes reality isnt nice.

8. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Thats not nice.
    sometimes you do things to posters that are not really nice

what is even worse is that you hide it

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    If someone decides they want to pay Deggs 500k or whatever he would need to be their hitting coach, consider that done as well.
    Yeah I don’t think we have to worry about A&M poaching Deggs for the HC job. They just played in the CWS finals and lost by 1 run. They will be looking for a major splash hire. I imagine someone from the SEC or ACC, or hell maybe someone from the disbanded PAC-12. But it will be a big name from a big program they can outbid. I don’t think they will look to take a chance on a G5 coach.

Now if they wanna get a guy like Deggs as a hitting coach then sure we have something to worry about. Higher pay and fewer responsibilities is a win. If that happens, can we afford to up his pay to be competitive with what A&M is paying for a hitting coach? That is the only scenario I would be worried about.

10. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Sometimes reality isnt nice.
    That is true, but charicter hurls should be reserved for things that matter.

Not having a handle on exactly how an event transpired elsewhere does not make one an idiot. Not even close.

Creating a derogatory reality while cementing an event reality is not very nice.

11. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    sometimes you do things to posters that are not really nice

what is even worse is that you hide it
    I do clean up a lot of unkind really not nice posts.

The spam I have to clean up from posters not even interested in Louisiana is unbelievable. Full time job.

I do want to thank you for your kind posts.

12. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

I do clean up a lot of unkind really not nice posts.

The spam I have to clean up from posters not even interested in Louisiana is unbelievable. Full time job.

I do want to thank you for your kind posts.
    thanks should come with ACTION

That is true, but charicter hurls should be reserved for things that matter.

Not having a handle on exactly how an event transpired elsewhere does not make one an idiot. Not even close.

Creating a derogatory reality while cementing an event reality is not very nice.
    You use a lot of words to say very little.

14. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

be kind

15. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

By request if you recall.

I used to use fewer words but you told me they were too big or too fancy, I can't remember which.

Now I use more words while conveying less.

Everything is a tradeoff.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information