Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M Job

1. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    When you correct someone, try to be right.
    Us outsiders are still in the information gathering stage, so there is still no reason to call someone an idiot.

Too specific of an indictment.

An effort into trying to be right is good way to go though, and part of trying to figure things out.

2. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I hope Coach Deggs gets the job. Would be life-changing $$, and he would have everything he needs to compete for national championships in this new era.

But, while he is building something good here, A&M has a lot of egos to soothe, and they probably have to go whale hunting first.
    we should NEVER hope any of our coaches or players get poached

however, once done, we should appreciate the level at which that may indicate our program has risen

3. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    we should NEVER hope any of our coaches or players get poached

however, once done, we should appreciate the level at which that may indicate our program has risen
    Robichaux once said he either hoped or was happy when one of his assistants got poached.

4. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Robichaux once said he either hoped or was happy when one of his assistants got poached.
    I firmly believe it was the latter . . .

Default Re: Texas A&M Job

We certainly don’t have to worry about our men’s basketball coach ever being poached.

I do hope Dez is able to get to a point where a P4 program is wanting to poach him.

6. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We certainly don’t have to worry about our men’s basketball coach ever being poached.

I do hope Dez is able to get to a point where a P4 program is wanting to poach him.
    we should always want a rising star, whether coach or player, to stay with the program as long as possible

while being poached may be a defining event in terms of identifying the level to which the program has risen and in most instances is a positive identifying event as to the height and extent of benefit from that Coach or player, we should always strive to keep and continue receiving that benefit on the field until the longest possible moment as the poaching does absolutely nothing to quantify what we are getting from that Coach or player, it just ends it.

While I think, from the outside it looks like a dream job, I suspect the atmosphere over there is toxic. Probably lead to what caused Deggs problems in the first place. If I would be Deggs I would want to stay away from an environment like that.

Us outsiders are still in the information gathering stage, so there is still no reason to call someone an idiot.

Too specific of an indictment.

An effort into trying to be right is good way to go though, and part of trying to figure things out.
    The information was readily available.

I also didn’t directly call him an idiot. But feel free to ignore the context in which “idiot” was used.

9. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    The information was readily available.

I also didn’t directly call him an idiot. But feel free to ignore the context in which “idiot” was used.
    You knew what was "thought" (or was thinking) so to say "if you think" doesn’t leave much wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    While I think, from the outside it looks like a dream job, I suspect the atmosphere over there is toxic. Probably lead to what caused Deggs problems in the first place. If I would be Deggs I would want to stay away from an environment like that.
    My thoughts too!

11. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Feet of clay and iron program.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    My thoughts too!
    One of the best parts of working in college athletics was getting to know the coaches and athletes on a personal level. What drives them, their goals, learning about their families, etc.

Fans generally only care about the program and its success, which is completely understandable. If Coach Deggs’ goal/dream is to be the HC at A&M or wherever one day, I hope it happens.

If his goal/dream is to lead this program and make a permanent home in Lafayette, I hope it happens.

He’s been open about what led him down that dark road. Think he and his family know better than any of us if an SEC HC job is for him.

You knew what was "thought" (or was thinking) so to say "if you think" doesn’t leave much wiggle room.
    No I didnt. He said something, and I was speaking from a broader perspective. If you think Pierce got fired Monday and Schloss hired Monday, you are an idiot.

Good try though.

In this changing landscape of college athletics, unless we suddenly get an influx of heavy donors, I hope we become THE place where the up and coming coaching stars come to launch themselves into a P4 job. I'll take a great young coach every 4-6 years that comes here and shows he is a star worthy of poaching. If we can't be the school with boatload of money to buy the big time players, give me the young hotshot coach every 4-6 years that can keep us at the top of G5

Feet of clay and iron program.
    Great analogy

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information