Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M Job

Default Re: Texas A&M Job

My aTm buddies are saying Deggs is their guy. Schloss is a miserable human being by all accounts. This was the consensus before this happened from people who know him.

If aTm wants Deggs they will have him. I doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That Aggie coach (now former coach) has to be the most hated organism in all of Brazos County.

Less than 24 hours after last night’s game, leaves to go coach at U of Austin of all places.
    But did he talk to the UT players before his own?
    Howd he even visit if they were in omaha?

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    My aTm buddies are saying Deggs is their guy. Schloss is a miserable human being by all accounts. This was the consensus before this happened from people who know him.

If aTm wants Deggs they will have him. I doubt they will.
    So deggs is just using us to move up too???
    Seems the two hated the most are the only two who didnt use us, ironic

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Man, that ranks up there with the check is in the mail, I’m from the government and I’m here to help you, I’ll love you in the morning, and I won’t…

I would love to have been the proverbial fly on the wall for that moment breaking the news of leaving for UT.

6. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    That was a message to Texas "Offer me more!"

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    The conversation between him and the AD occurred at some point after the season, likely right after the regional, where it was made clear they were mutually parting ways (Hr talk for you’re fired). That was directly from their statements.

If you think all pertinent decisions were made yesterday or even the day before, you’re an idiot. They knew Pierce was out of weeks and it probably took at minimum a week to close the Schloss deal. Which is the point of my post.
    So was the Habetz for Glasco decision all made before it all happened or we knew about it? I am beginning to think so.

Lots of chatter of A&M wanting Deggs. I can promise you Deggs would not turn that money/job down. None of us would.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Thanks for the idiot comment, stay classy.
    I'm with you on this.

We can do better CAJUN FANS!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Lots of chatter of A&M wanting Deggs. I can promise you Deggs would not turn that money/job down. None of us would.
    I’m kind of afraid.

11. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

This is a great recap of what Coach Deggs has in place for the upcoming year

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.a6aa015a1.html

Most likely A&M will try poaching a head coach from another SEC school or other P4 before dipping into G5 ranks. Money not an object for the Aggies.

13. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    So was the Habetz for Glasco decision all made before it all happened or we knew about it? I am beginning to think so.
    posted this before and this is a logical explanation to why things moved so fast with Jut leaving to take a high school baseball head coaching job, Glasco taking the Texas Tech job and the quick hire of Alyson as the Louisiana Head Softball Coach

it may well have been Glasco leaving because Louisiana wanted Alyson as it’s head softball coach then Alyson becoming the head softball coach because Glasco took the Texas Tech job

regardless, hopefully Louisiana does not ignore the NIL warning which is clearly on the table and steps up to give Alyson the financial support to be competitive in the current climate

just a good coach or even a great coach will no longer cut it

Deggs basically said how hard it has become and that it will continue to get harder and harder in the future with the big boys out there ready, willing and able to buy his players

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Most likely A&M will try poaching a head coach from another SEC school or other P4 before dipping into G5 ranks. Money not an object for the Aggies.
    I hope Coach Deggs gets the job. Would be life-changing $$, and he would have everything he needs to compete for national championships in this new era.

But, while he is building something good here, A&M has a lot of egos to soothe, and they probably have to go whale hunting first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Thanks for the idiot comment, stay classy.
    When you correct someone, try to be right.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information