Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M Job

1. UL Baseball Texas A&M Job

With the A&M coach gone to Texas do we have to worry about A&M coming after Deggs with his ties to that program? Hope not

Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan20 View Post
    With the A&M coach gone to Texas do we have to worry about A&M coming after Deggs with his ties to that program? Hope not
    Very doubtful. They are going to want a splash hire and Deggs would not be it.

I agree they want a splash hire, but who will they get at this stage?

I will say that everyone Esqualatto and I talked to in College Station this year and two years ago love Deggs. They spoke very highly of him

That Aggie coach (now former coach) has to be the most hated organism in all of Brazos County.

Less than 24 hours after last night’s game, leaves to go coach at U of Austin of all places.

Texas fired its coach a few weeks ago. I feel like the rumors started Sunday or Monday, probably selective leaks by UT (or TU).

Tells me Texas planned to leak around CWS when it mattered the most to A&M. That’s petty

What would Schloss gain by going to Texas? That's crazy. Hopefully Deggs stays put. I think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    What would Schloss gain by going to Texas? That's crazy. Hopefully Deggs stays put. I think he will.
    Good friends with Texas AD

Apparently Schloss never loved Aggie traditions as much as Aggies tried to make him love it

8. Default Re: Texas A&M Job

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    it is aTm, there is no telling what the background noise has been

even the best get tired of background noise

barrel of money . . . new hype . . . few years left in working life . . . all seems pretty good options to accept

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Good friends with Texas AD

Apparently Schloss never loved Aggie traditions as much as Aggies tried to make him love it
    Wow. If I were him I wouldn't show back up in College Station without bodyguards.

Texas fired its coach a few weeks ago. I feel like the rumors started Sunday or Monday, probably selective leaks by UT (or TU).

Tells me Texas planned to leak around CWS when it mattered the most to A&M. That’s petty
    Coach was not fired weeks ago. After the regionals, the AD was silent on his status. He was fired just yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Coach was not fired weeks ago. After the regionals, the AD was silent on his status. He was fired just yesterday.
    The conversation between him and the AD occurred at some point after the season, likely right after the regional, where it was made clear they were mutually parting ways (Hr talk for you’re fired). That was directly from their statements.

If you think all pertinent decisions were made yesterday or even the day before, you’re an idiot. They knew Pierce was out of weeks and it probably took at minimum a week to close the Schloss deal. Which is the point of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    They met over a week ago and mutually decided to part ways. Info was “leaked” yesterday.

And Schloss had already agreed to take the job prior to the CWS finals.

REALLY messy situation. And a pretty crappy move by Schloss (and others)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    They met over a week ago and mutually decided to part ways. Info was “leaked” yesterday.

And Schloss had already agreed to take the job prior to the CWS finals.

REALLY messy situation. And a pretty crappy move by Schloss (and others)
    This. Texas had malice with the timing. They didn’t want A&M to win a natty. Think about being Schloss knowing you’re leaving and having the rumors come out when they did. I’d be ____ed. My future employer potentially created such a distraction that it cost me a natty.

The conversation between him and the AD occurred at some point after the season, likely right after the regional, where it was made clear they were mutually parting ways (Hr talk for you’re fired). That was directly from their statements.

If you think all pertinent decisions were made yesterday or even the day before, you’re an idiot. They knew Pierce was out of weeks and it probably took at minimum a week to close the Schloss deal. Which is the point of my post.
    Thanks for the idiot comment, stay classy.

I'm thinking this is going to be fun to watch.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information