Thread: Louisiana Athletics Announces YRCC Ragin' Readers Summer Program

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Athletics Announces YRCC Ragin' Readers Summer Program

The Louisiana Athletics Young Ragin' Cajuns Club, in partnership with the Lafayette Public Library System, is excited to announce the launch of the 2024 Ragin' Readers program, presented by Our Lady of Lourdes Women's and Children's Hospital.

The Lafayette Public Library exists to enhance the quality of life of the residents of Lafayette Parish by providing access to high-quality, cost-effective library services that meet the needs and expectations of the community and to provide opportunities for life-long learning in accordance with this community's standards.

The initiative, in its fifth year, focuses on early childhood development by reading over the summer months. Research shows that books in the home correlate significantly with higher reading scores for children and can even strengthen the bond between parents and their children.

The Ragin' Readers program encourages those from kindergarten through sixth grade to read at least 20 minutes per day for 30 days with a goal of over 2,000,000 minutes combined from all participants. Participants can earn exclusive prizes from Ragin' Cajuns Athletics.

Additionally, discounted tickets to one football and one men's basketball game are available to participants. Children who complete the challenge will be publicly recognized during a football game this season on the videoboard.

Parents and guardians can print the Ragin' Readers activity log or bingo board at RaginCajuns.com/Read to participate. When finished, email the form(s) to GeauxCajuns@louisiana.edu for confirmation and instructions on picking up prizes.

For more information about the reading challenge, visit RaginCajuns.com/Read.

Share your photos and/or videos of your child using #RaginReaders to be featured on the Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Facebook page!

2. Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Athletics Announces Ragin' Readers Summer Program

Nice!

I was an avid reader as a kid, would have loved this.

ps Think beyond Lafayette.

3. Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Athletics Announces Ragin' Readers Summer Program

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nice!

I was an avid reader as a kid, would have loved this.

ps Think beyond Lafayette.
    going to sign up my grand kid who lives by Phoenix!

4. Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Athletics Announces Ragin' Readers Summer Program

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    going to sign up my grand kid who lives by Phoenix!
    Tha my friend, is thinking beyond Lafayette.

Thread Information