Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: UL Softball

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    The bad thing if the portal is closed, we can not go and get other portal players. ????
    We can still get portal players.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Why couldn't his daughter come here?
    Can we afford to pay two head coach salary?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    To me, for many, many reasons, this move is a head scratcher. It makes no sense. I have to believe there is more to the story. If there is, it will all eventually come out. Stay tuned.
    There is more to the story. Glasco didn't apply for the Auburn gig which is a way better job. It was best for the Cajun program for him to leave

4. Default Re: UL Softball

wait, wait, wait . . . why are you here . . . poaching info to bring back to the secret site of JMV

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    There is more to the story. Glasco didn't apply for the Auburn gig which is a way better job. It was best for the Cajun program for him to leave
    I believe there is more to the story. Something was off at the regional. There was weird interactions with him and the girls at the regional. He would explode in odd situations and key situations when he needed to be calm. I watched him very closely at the regional.
    He may just want to reset.
    Who knows what he was going through or has been through with the loss of his daughter here. It will all come out eventually.
    It is a step down for sure at TX Tech.

Maybe he was told he needed to win that regional or no extension? Why not our standard is to get to the WCWS.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    That goes against everything you have said in the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I believe there is more to the story. Something was off at the regional. There was weird interactions with him and the girls at the regional. He would explode in odd situations and key situations when he needed to be calm. I watched him very closely at the regional.
    He may just want to reset.
    Who knows what he was going through or has been through with the loss of his daughter here. It will all come out eventually.
    It is a step down for sure at TX Tech.

Maybe he was told he needed to win that regional or no extension? Why not our standard is to get to the WCWS.
    So Glasco had to win the Regional (won last year’s) or else they wouldn’t extend him, yet our AD won’t even make the same demand to Bob Marlin about winning ONE dang NCAA tournament game in whata dozen years that he’s been here?

Now…maybe there’s other things causing him to leave that isn’t all about money or NIL, but our administration making a demand like that a year after he won at LSU seems a bit odd and inconsistent with how one of our most stale programs is currently allowed to remain under the same leadership.

Whatever the situation if he lost his daughter and now his other daughter is at TTU then that is reason enough for him to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Whatever the situation if he lost his daughter and now his other daughter is at TTU then that is reason enough for him to leave
    She’s not at TTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So Glasco had to win the Regional (won last year’s) or else they wouldn’t extend him, yet our AD won’t even make the same demand to Bob Marlin about winning ONE dang NCAA tournament game in whata dozen years that he’s been here?

Now…maybe there’s other things causing him to leave that isn’t all about money or NIL, but our administration making a demand like that a year after he won at LSU seems a bit odd and inconsistent with how one of our most stale programs is currently allowed to remain under the same leadership.
    If he did get forced out then WTF!? Really? I cant believe that? My standards year in and year out is the same for any coach!

Football: Bowl Game
    Basketball: NIL Tournament,
    Baseball and Softball: Regionals

UL coaches do that year in and year out with winning a Conference Championship every 3 to 4 years. Then that is a reasonable expectations for our programs and coaches

Last year, Texas Tech got outscored in a three-game series, at home, by Oklahoma, 40-3. They got outscored, at home, by Texas 50 to 7. So, in six games they gave up 90 runs and scored 10.

Besides being sold out for the Oklahoma and Texas series, Texas Tech averages between 300 and 400 fans per game.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Last year, Texas Tech got outscored in a three-game series, at home, by Oklahoma, 40-3. They got outscored, at home, by Texas 50 to 7. So, in six games they gave up 90 runs and scored 10.

Besides being sold out for the Oklahoma and Texas series, Texas Tech averages between 300 and 400 fans per game.
    Wow. What a downgrade for Coach. There is more to this story. Maybe it was just mutual.

I hope our girls hang around long enough to at least meet with whoever is our new coach and then make a decision whether to leave or stay.

14. Default Re: UL Softball

L. O. L.

Glasco did everything to host a regional. He went on the road faced the number #1 SOS in the nation to try to host a regional, and beat LSU last year in their regional.

Specially with how competitive softball has become, if there was something between the AD and Glasco, then we have a situation with administration. Like a serious problem. Its worst then i have thought. Thats why i can’t believe that!

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information