Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

If you guys don’t want GG taking players, don’t ask / expect the new coach to bring luggage with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Agree. If he does, he's doing it knowing full well how much he's going to hurt this program and it's loyal fan base. That would change perceptions of his character and the type of person we thought he was.
    Some of those girls might have come to our program due to connections with him via other softball orgs and circles. If some leave with him, I’m not going to hold that against him.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It is what it is. Coach Glasco, while did continue our winning tradition never got us to the WCWS again which is where we need to be. The only problem I have with it is we know he will take players with him out the door and it opens our transfer portal for our players again. How long will the portal be open for our players now?
    Pretty sure his darling pitcher, Sam Landry, will be going with him.

Get a good coach, reload and move on.
    The bad thing if the portal is closed, we can not go and get other portal players. ????

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    The bad thing if the portal is closed, we can not go and get other portal players. ????
    Yea that sucks. Portal is closed for all other schools except ours for 30 days. That part is just not fair at all. Anyone can raid your roster and you can't do anything about it.

Yea that sucks. Portal is closed for all other schools except ours for 30 days. That part is just not fair at all. Anyone can raid your roster and you can't do anything about it.
    Well then we go after a current head coach and have him bring his players with him.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Glasco was making $170,000 plus incentives for performance. I'm hearing he was offered $160,000 by Texas Tech.
    Oh man, if that's the case then that just muddies the waters even more. Would moving to Lubbock (which I've been to and it's not bad, but not amazing) coaching a team that is bottom of their conference with a stadium that seats under 600 be worth losing money?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Oh man, if that's the case then that just muddies the waters even more. Would moving to Lubbock (which I've been to and it's not bad, but not amazing) coaching a team that is bottom of their conference with a stadium that seats under 600 be worth losing money?
    A lot less pressure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The stadium sits 1100.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Glasco was making $170,000 plus incentives for performance. I'm hearing he was offered $160,000 by Texas Tech.
    This is facts. The NIL money and the chance to work with his daughter were the factors that cause him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    This is facts. The NIL money and the chance to work with his daughter were the factors that cause him to leave.
    Why couldn't his daughter come here?

Glasco's departure triggers an immediate 30-Day Portal Opening for UL Softball athletes.

To me, for many, many reasons, this move is a head scratcher. It makes no sense. I have to believe there is more to the story. If there is, it will all eventually come out. Stay tuned.

No way he accepts less money. Maybe UL didn't want to extend him for failing to win the home Lafayette Regional and failing to get to the WCWS in his tenure here? So he felt he needed to make a move. He is 65 years old after all. Maybe we need a young energetic coach to get us back to the next level and the WCWS.
    Hmmmm.
    It's about the NIL money they offered

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Well then we go after a current head coach and have him bring his players with him.
    Truth. Good idea. Maggard needs to do a national search!!!! This job is very sexy. No pun intended.

We can still get portal players.

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information