Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: UL Softball

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Her number is listed with her contact information. Listening to a phone call has nothing to do with consideration. If she agreed to make a visit to campus, then she would actually be considering the program. A phone and a campus visit are two entirely different matters. It doesn't matter the sport bubba.
    Hey T. Napier took the Florida job without making a campus visit. Does that still count?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    The one sport we KNOW we have just as good a shot, if not a better shot, than just about every P4 program in the country at winning a national championship and we still have to deal with this crap.

Compared to UL, Texas Tech is a step down in every metric when it comes to softball. Except for one place. The wallet.

I know it’s not official yet but let’s be real here. He’s going. And he’s taking every player he wants with him. Just another example of college sports becoming unwatchable. I really don’t know if there’s a point to watching UL athletics anymore. And this isn’t just a UL thing. This is happening at every “G5” across the country.

I don’t know what TT is offering, but the fact that GG is even considering this is laughable.
    If he leaves, look for him to take his daughter Tara with him. I don't think this is about more money for him personally, more about NIL money for players.

Seems like allowing extra portal openings for coaching changes could be easily manipulated

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    The one sport we KNOW we have just as good a shot, if not a better shot, than just about every P4 program in the country at winning a national championship and we still have to deal with this crap.

Compared to UL, Texas Tech is a step down in every metric when it comes to softball. Except for one place. The wallet.

I know it’s not official yet but let’s be real here. He’s going. And he’s taking every player he wants with him. Just another example of college sports becoming unwatchable. I really don’t know if there’s a point to watching UL athletics anymore. And this isn’t just a UL thing. This is happening at every “G5” across the country.

I don’t know what TT is offering, but the fact that GG is even considering this is laughable.
    Good post. The fact that the TX Tech job could be used as leverage if he doesn’t go is laughable as well. Shows how much college athletics has changed in such a short time. A HC is willing to go from a traditionally national power softball program to a dumpster of a softball program. UL had the number 1 recruiting class a few years ago.

5. Default Re: UL Softball

. . . if we believe this is laughable . . . get ready to be laughed at . . . a lot . . . going forward . . .

Money aside, anyone stop to think GG may simply need a change of scenery, and TTU is a nice landing pad? Yes, he stayed after joining “the club nobody wants to join”, but that never goes away. If he had quit then, nobody would have questioned.

It is a burden, not only on him, but his wife and family. Your friends “move on” while you still face that situation every morning. Give the man some grace, no matter what he decides. He has shown it hasn’t been solely about the money, our little bird has pointed out before this isn’t his first time being offered. God bless him regardless what he opts for.

7. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . if we believe this is laughable . . . get ready to be laughed at . . . a lot . . . going forward . . .
    If you think it is about UL being laughed at then that is on you.

The entire sports landscape is laughable as in ridiculous and absurd.

Outside of individual achievements all past sports records are meaningless.

I'm in disbelief at the utterly implausible situation college sports is in.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Hey T. Napier took the Florida job without making a campus visit. Does that still count?
    False: in 2011 while an "analyst" at alabama, in october the tide travelled to the faux swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

And even those individual achievements are not always apples to apples look at how hard pete rose railed against japanese baseball in order to keep his record and diminish the accomplishments of Ichiro, yet now a new japanese pitcher leaves a sub par japanese team to head to the north side of chicage and is utterly dominating. See also the two way star out in california all of this after a gold medal performance in olympics by the japanese. Rose was wrong, well at least he had something in common with Les Myles who is now sueing to get in to the hall of fame, two peas in a pod.

10. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

. . . wut . . .

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Good post. The fact that the TX Tech job could be used as leverage if he doesn’t go is laughable as well. Shows how much college athletics has changed in such a short time. A HC is willing to go from a traditionally national power softball program to a dumpster of a softball program. UL had the number 1 recruiting class a few years ago.
    Glasco had the #1 class a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    False: in 2011 while an "analyst" at alabama, in october the tide travelled to the faux swamp
    He visited the facilities, campus, etc as an analyst? No he just played a game at the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Give the man some grace, no matter what he decides.
    Sucks losing a good coach from a perception POV, but I'm with this line of thinking. God bless and good luck with whatever decision he chooses. Just don't pillage the program on the way out.

14. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Sucks losing a good coach from a perception POV, but I'm with this line of thinking. God bless and good luck with whatever decision he chooses. Just don't pillage the program on the way out.
    doubt seriously you can have it both ways

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Agree. If he does, he's doing it knowing full well how much he's going to hurt this program and it's loyal fan base. That would change perceptions of his character and the type of person we thought he was.

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information