Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: UL Softball

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Does that mean the school he goes to has to reimburse us
    It was a contact so I can imagine there’s a penalty for breaking it in either side. Someone will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I wonder what the buyout is with Glasco signing a contract until 28 just last year. If he goes, could have a little cash to throw around.

If anyone can weather a coaching change, it’s softball.
    Marlin just got another raise….

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You heard wrong. Every school is giving consideration when you don't list any school as a do not contact destination.
    Her number is listed with her contact information. Listening to a phone call has nothing to do with consideration. If she agreed to make a visit to campus, then she would actually be considering the program. A phone and a campus visit are two entirely different matters. It doesn't matter the sport bubba.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Her number is listed with her contact information. Listening to a phone call has nothing to do with consideration. If she agreed to make a visit to campus, then she would actually be considering the program. A phone and a campus visit are two entirely different matters. It doesn't matter the sport bubba.
    All I said is we are in the conversation. Never said we would get a campus visit, especially with no pitching coach on staff.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Great information.
    Awesome

Would love for him to stay. Would understand if he chose to leave. If a good program dies b/c a coach leaves, it wasn’t a good program.

We will be fine either way. Geaux Cajuns!

Marlin needs to spare some salary.

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Would love for him to stay. Would understand if he chose to leave. If a good program dies b/c a coach leaves, it wasn’t a good program.

wut?

I thought the last contract would bring him to some louisiana system retirement money.

Texas Tech was 29-21 this past season. Their coach left after 2 years to become the hitting coach at Tennessee. They supposedly had a very good 2024 recruiting class. Not a storied program like the Cajuns but are in a Power 4 conference with available resources ($$$). Hope Glasco stays.

He is going to TT.

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 611
Size:  499.1 KB

The bird knows the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post

This is archaic thinking with NIL and transfer portal. Each program is a year to year thing. Culture is no longer the program sustainer, $$$ is.

Coach Glasco has had a good run here. The Cajuns head softball coach job here is attractive. Dr. Maggard will be able to pull in a top notch candidate.

The one sport we KNOW we have just as good a shot, if not a better shot, than just about every P4 program in the country at winning a national championship and we still have to deal with this crap.

Compared to UL, Texas Tech is a step down in every metric when it comes to softball. Except for one place. The wallet.

I know it’s not official yet but let’s be real here. He’s going. And he’s taking every player he wants with him. Just another example of college sports becoming unwatchable. I really don’t know if there’s a point to watching UL athletics anymore. And this isn’t just a UL thing. This is happening at every “G5” across the country.

I don’t know what TT is offering, but the fact that GG is even considering this is laughable.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information