Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

1. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    this is RP, that is done all the time here
    Personally my modes tend to alternate between fantasy giddiness and blind umpire panic.

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Personally my modes tend to alternate between fantasy giddiness and blind umpire panic.
    didn’t we do that for months, even maybe years post the hire of Coach Michael Desormeaux . . .

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    My pitching coach choice would be Stephanie VanBrackle Prothro
    I don’t think we can out pay Florida.

Wasn’t a former Alabama pitcher rumored to be a candidate

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    What is the updated status on A. HABETZ' mother's health?
    Yvettte Girouard was on with Kevin Foote yesterday. She said the mother of Coach Habetz will be able to attend the games in an air conditioned suite. That tells me her health is at least stable. Couple of other interesting comments were made in that interview. One, she did not believe Aly would take the job as late as Sunday. She went on to say Dr. Maggard found an ingenious way to convince her to come aboard. She did not elaborate on what that trick was and Kevin knew not to press the issue. I am sure we would all love to know what approach he used here but I understand we never will. Finally, she said it was one thing to accept the job and another to do the job. Indicated Coach Habetz probably has some butterflies now.

6. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A truly blind umpire is at least likely not biased

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Highly unlikely. I don't believe that UL softball could provide him with the salary he would need to move here.
    I can think of a local girl w/ Bama ties that would make a great hitting coach if she's interested in entering the college coaching ranks. Initials: B.H. ;-)

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I can think of a local girl w/ Bama ties that would make a great hitting coach if she's interested in entering the college coaching ranks. Initials: B.H. ;-)
    …Speaking of local….wonder if Alabama signee Kennedy Marceaux will now come to UL….wondering how much influence our Alyson had on her going with the Tide? Never can tell about Vermilion Parish right!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I don’t think we can out pay Florida.
    Still have to make that phone call. 3 weeks ago she was at Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Yvettte Girouard was on with Kevin Foote yesterday. She said the mother of Coach Habetz will be able to attend the games in an air conditioned suite. That tells me her health is at least stable. Couple of other interesting comments were made in that interview. One, she did not believe Aly would take the job as late as Sunday. She went on to say Dr. Maggard found an ingenious way to convince her to come aboard. She did not elaborate on what that trick was and Kevin knew not to press the issue. I am sure we would all love to know what approach he used here but I understand we never will. Finally, she said it was one thing to accept the job and another to do the job. Indicated Coach Habetz probably has some butterflies now.
    Never say Never. Well most of the time.

Sam Landry will be in the portal.

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Bummer

13. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Sam Landry will be in the portal.
    . . . why would any true Cajun Fan come here and announce this before the athlete has made it public . . . maybe we should make a practice of letting the athletes announce their positions . . .

Sam was a fan favorite and a good player. Hate to see her go. Puzzling, really, but that’s just a fan perspective.

Can’t wait for this portal window to close. Rip it off like a bandaid.

Trust in Aly. She will reload.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Sam was a fan favorite and a good player. Hate to see her go. Puzzling, really, but that’s just a fan perspective.

Can’t wait for this portal window to close. Rip it off like a bandaid.
    We all knew it was going to happen. She was Glasco’s darling. She no doubt is going to Texas Tech.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Thread Information