Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

1. Default Re: UL Softball

What is the updated status on A. HABETZ' mother's health?

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Im old enough to remember when retiring early was goal or an aspiration. Have all boomers destroyed that or just doesnt apply to college coaches?

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So, if we were successful in implementing something like this:

Each departing coach would be some special enemy other then just being the HC of an opponent?

I wonder how long that would work?

PS Neither Glasco or Alyson would admit, and neither should, that Glasco may have stepped away for Alyson to take over. Every coach we play is an enemy.

Every departing coach will compete for the athletes they recruited here. It is the nature of the then created relationships and the business once they step away.

If the coach leaves because of success, they will always be going to a place that is more financially capable of competing for athletes. They now have a new gig with expectations placed upon them.

It has always been the nature of the relationship but what has changed since about the time Napier left is that in the past, it has not been so easy as it is now to bring athletes with the departing successful coach because of free transferability without sitting out and NIL.

We can only effect what we control. We need to focus on our house to make it better not bitter. Today we have about as great an opportunity to continue to succeed in softball as was out there with a great, highly qualified coach who for her whole life has dreamed of being the HC of the Louisiana Ragin Cajun Softball team. I am quite sure her dreams did not have included free transfers and NIL in them, but she has chosen to overcome that hill, so we should do the same which may include thanking Glasco for what he has given us to bridge to Alyson and thanking him for stepping away no matter what the circumstances may be for about as orderly of a coaching change as possible to occur. Going forward, he, like every opposing coach we face will be an enemy, but not a special enemy . . .

Finally, the only other possibility for this coaching change without competition for athletes would have been for Louisiana and Alyson to sit around and wait until Glasco was ready to retire. Do we believe that would have been a better solution?
    Dude, you're taking this way too serious. He's saying he's the enemy in the context of being a fan. He doesn't mean he literally hates him and he's his mortal enemy. Sheesh! Calm down killa!

4. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Dude, you're taking this way too serious. He's saying he's the enemy in the context of being a fan. He doesn't mean he literally hates him and he's his mortal enemy. Sheesh! Calm down killa!
    I am so glad you are a better jeweler than a mind reader . . . stick to jeweling for your day job . . .

5. Default Re: UL Softball

I am so glad you are a better jeweler than a mind reader . . . stick to jeweling for your day job . . .
    This made me chuckle

Hey man! After what you just put me through, this is how you treat me??? I've been washing my hands repeatedly, trying to get the smell off my hands after working on your ring! LoL! The shame!!!

7. Default Re: UL Softball

Hey man! After what you just put me through, this is how you treat me??? I've been washing my hands repeatedly, trying to get the smell off my hands after working on your ring! LoL! The shame!!!
    you will make it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    This made me chuckle
    Don't encourage him

you will make it . . .
    I shoulda put a nice, rich, vermilion red ruby instead. LoL

10. Default Re: UL Softball

I shoulda put a nice, rich, vermilion red ruby instead. LoL
    I already have one like that . . . Maurice High School was red and white . . .

I already have one like that . . . Maurice High School was red and white . . .
    Nice try

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Nice try
    I may bring it to show you next time we are together . . .

https://www.youtube.com/live/tj6MJdydc-8

Gerry Glasco Introductory Press Conference

Our Next Pitching Coach?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RCFan View Post
    Our Next Pitching Coach?
    Can you imagine?????

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 . LastLast

Thread Information