Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Unless it's the portal, you're recruiting sophomores right now so you won't see them for three years. My understanding was he wanted to retire and return to Illinois in three years.

Maggard went outside the Cajun family and hired GG, which turned out to be a good hire. I'm sure he will repeat with the same success.

I would hope the contract for this program be written where things continue without missing a beat or else. It's UL's unicorn program; one of a long history and no room for failure.

Yvette?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yvette?
    Can't.would have to tell her where the plaque is.

5. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    Don't know how much truth there is in this post about Glasco's departure which was made on another softball specific website: "My understanding was that he was told that a collective was being formed by UL boosters for NIL money to compete with recruits and transfers. He had said out loud on various occasions that he would need about $500K in NIL funds to keep UL competitive with the big boys. Apparently that never materialized so Glasco took the bird in the hand offer from Texas Tech which has an established collective (Matador Club) to provide softball with NIL money. In addition to getting a raise to go to TT, he was also promised facility upgrades. The man is 65 years old so in reality, he doesn't have all that many years of coaching left in him."
    The NIL reason makes sense.

The facility argument holds no water, just look where he is going.

Don't know how much truth there is in this post about Glasco's departure which was made on another softball specific website: "My understanding was that he was told that a collective was being formed by UL boosters for NIL money to compete with recruits and transfers. He had said out loud on various occasions that he would need about $500K in NIL funds to keep UL competitive with the big boys. Apparently that never materialized so Glasco took the bird in the hand offer from Texas Tech which has an established collective (Matador Club) to provide softball with NIL money. In addition to getting a raise to go to TT, he was also promised facility upgrades. The man is 65 years old so in reality, he doesn't have all that many years of coaching left in him."
    He didn't get a raise to go to Texas Tech.

7. Default Re: UL Softball

how many times has it been told that asking coaches to shop in the portal without NIL $$$$$ is a fantasy request

well we just found out the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yvette?
    Yvette was used as a consult last time and I'm pretty sure she helps Maggard in any many he requests again.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He didn't get a raise to go to Texas Tech.
    But he has been given the promise of NIL support to help build the program. That comes from the paper in Lubbock.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    What excuses are being made? I haven't seen any being made on here. Why are you ragging on UL fans, many who supported your brother when he got fired? This particular situation is totally different than that for which your brother was terminated.
    The excuses why Coach Glasco left. No support. Fans didn’t like him,no NIL money , etc . Had a good coach, administration decided she wasn’t worth the extra money,she went to LSU. Had another pretty good coach, but he got fired , had another coach, he is leaving for a job at Texas Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    But he has been given the promise of NIL support to help build the program. That comes from the paper in Lubbock.
    That's not a raise.

The NIL funds conversations are the truth. I was present with several supporters when Maggard explained that their focus is the Football Stadium and funding the differences in construction cost, as well as funding the East side renovations. This was told to others involved in raising money for the new Club House for Baseball as well.

If softball supporters want to anti-up and contribute to the NIL Co-Op they can do so for the new coach. But that hasn't really happened much.

13. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    That's not a raise.
    raises can come in many forms and fashions some of which most here are either not privy to the information or even if they had it, are incapable of making a determination of what it is worth

That's not a raise.
    No state income tax

Plus now he can cruise for chick's without having to worry about running into one of his wife's old friends

That's not a raise.
    Didn't I just say he has been promised NIL support. I said nothing about a raise. How much NIL money has been raised for Softball here?

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information