Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread: UL Softball

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    So it was mutual, and Dr Maggard has his splash hire in the bag already?
    No clue who Maggard wants.

UL Softball Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Glasco knows what some here don't want to admit. Texas Tech is in a much better position to buy a contending team than UL, and eventually the P4 will outspend us into irrelevance.
    By going to Texas Tech, Glasco is going to have conference series with Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Baylor, UCF and Oklahoma State, all of whom are traditionally better than anyone in the SBC not named Louisiana or Texas State. He can easily get OOC games with Louisiana and Texas State, and does not really need to schedule Texas or Oklahoma, though he probably will at least schedule Texas because of fan pressure. More importantly, with his recruiting acumen and the Matador Club's money, he can make Tech an immediate contender in the Big XII.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Oh good freakin grief Are we a contender or not? Go look at Tigerdroppings after LSU gets eliminated in softball. Every post is either (A) replace the coach, or (B) buy more talent.

Teams that are in SERIOUS contention for a national championship are going to have fans with championship expectations. If our coach is ready to jump ship and chase dollars because some fans say mean things when we haven't been to the WCWS in ten years, then we're not serious contenders.

The first three pages of this thread are filled with people saying "why would he leave a team that has just as good a chance at winning a title as most P4 teams?". If we really are that good, then fans aren't going to be happy with annual moral victories and 'good season' platitudes

Glasco knows what some here don't want to admit. Texas Tech is in a much better position to buy a contending team than UL, and eventually the P4 will outspend us into irrelevance.
    You apparently missed my point. I wasn’t talking about Glasco leaving because he was mistreated by the fan base. I was pointing out that the “loyal fan base” probably wasn’t something that would make him stay.

I understood he extended last year through 2028.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    You apparently missed my point. I wasn’t talking about Glasco leaving because he was mistreated by the fan base. I was pointing out that the “loyal fan base” probably wasn’t something that would make him stay.
    Sadly, I know some people are rejoicing right now. Sure some of y’all do too.

6. Default Re: UL Softball

Maybe softball season ticket holders will see a slash in the price of season tickets from this situation?��

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Maybe softball season ticket holders will see a slash in the price of season tickets from this situation?��
    Well, if UL softball can't raise any NIL why would it discount tickets? Seems counterproductive right?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    By going to Texas Tech, Glasco is going to have conference series with Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Baylor, UCF and Oklahoma State, all of whom are traditionally better than anyone in the SBC not named Louisiana or Texas State. He can easily get OOC games with Louisiana and Texas State, and does not really need to schedule Texas or Oklahoma, though he probably will at least schedule Texas because of fan pressure. More importantly, with his recruiting acumen and the Matador Club's money, he can make Tech an immediate contender in the Big XII.
    Agree VO and he will be able to build a program quicker with the NIL support they have promised him. Better schedule, Conference and more NIL money.

9. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Agree VO and he will be able to build a program quicker with the NIL support they have promised him. Better schedule, Conference and more NIL money.
    it is amazing that this is news to people who follow and post here

10. Default Re: UL Softball

I wonder why Craig Snider couldn't build more of a winning program at Texas Tech with the conference affiliations and all of that NIL money available to him? Why is there this thought that Glasco is going to turn TT into an immediate contender?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well, if UL softball can't raise any NIL why would it discount tickets? Seems counterproductive right?
    I mean…maybe we can pay the new head coach only $80k a year and give the fans a break on the tickets?

Just one catch, though…good luck trying to keep dominating the SBC and especially trying to keep in national contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    I wonder why Craig Snider couldn't build more of a winning program at Texas Tech with the conference affiliations and all of that NIL money available to him? Why is there this thought that Glasco is going to turn TT into an immediate contender?
    Good question. I don't think it's going to be as easy as some people on here think. In 3 years and change Glasco will be 70 years old. It's going to take him that long to build a respectable team. With the graduating seniors and the players who transfered, he is left with not much of a team that's capable of winning many games. Of course there are transfers. But, he's going to need a third baseman, a short stop, a second baseman, two outfielders and players who can hit, plus, a couple of pitchers. Texas Tech went 21 and 29 last year.

I would t want to
    Follow
    Glasco if I were a UL player unless I get a nice NiL deal.

Had the same thought. But that's probably why he's no longer the coach. Maybe Glasco can, maybe he can't. People brought up the coach from Southeastern.I imagine if he were hired here their fans would be saying the same thing. "Can't blame him.bigger program.bigger conference.bigger fan base.more money etc etc."

Snider was only there 2 years, and it was his first HC job. Maybe he just wasn't up to the job.

We know Glasco can recruit. There are advantages of being in the Big XII and having money available for NIL that he did not have here, thus my opinion that he can quickly build a contender in Lubbock.

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread Information