Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

The push back to Nil is down the road. Memphis just bought errrrrr recruited the #3 QB for 2025. Even the wealthy throwing NIL money around expect a ROI. It will happen.

I’ve seen business owners drop donating to multiple universities when NIL was pushed at them. Their logic has been 2 fold. One, they didn’t pay that for their own kids. And NIL is a one sided deal, and as explained to me, they didn’t get rich making deals like that.

Dobson would result in elation on Tigerploppings. Many blame him for their current lack of a WCWS championship.

NIL being what it is supposed to be is a great thing.

NIL as a recruiting tool is completely against the rules of the NCAA, but they have stuck their heads in the sand about it….and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

NIL as a recruiting tool is completely against the rules of the NCAA, but they have stuck their heads in the sand about it….and here we are.
    Amen, well said. I will never contribute to NIL the way it is now.
    UL winning or losing doesn't affect my life one iota, so I'm going to attend games as long as I'm entertained by them, and fund my grandkids 529s before giving one dime to spoiled athletes not satisfied with a FREE education.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    UL winning or losing doesn't affect my life one iota, so I'm going to attend games as long as I'm entertained by them, and fund my grandkids 529s before giving one dime to spoiled athletes not satisfied with a FREE education.
    You’re not alone. And that was perfectly stated.

5. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

The problem is the US Supreme Court has basically said that an athletes right the make money is a constitutional right so that necessarily makes the rule against using NIL to recruit a moot rule.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't want to speak for Mike, but it was very clear to me. He stated that they should support the program more financially, but he doesn't blame them because giving NIL money is equivalent to paying athletes directly.

BTW, Mike is in the Diamond Club, Rebounders Club and QB Club. He is also retired.
    The softball program has fund raisers in the form of a golf tournament and end of season crawfish boil. That is to help the program. If Glasco needed NIL money why didn't someone in the administration or Glasco (since coaches at UL tend to have to fund on their own) go to ALL supporters with a game plan to raise the money he needed. That never happened but he complained that the money wasn't there. No clue if $500K per year could have been raised. If you don't ask the answer is always no. Deggs isn't playing around and he has a game plan. BTW he said fans didn't want to put up for the NIL he didn't say the fans didn't want to support the program financially. Supporting the program and supporting players individually is two different things.

7. Default Re: UL Softball

Spreading this message across the platforms:

I really hope this can be a wake up call to a good number of the UL fanbase. I push for a mascot so hard because I want our university to get the things WE CAN CONTROL right. In this new NIL world, you cannot control players, couches, or admins leaving for another school. What we CAN control is how we engage with our own community.

Leading Albineaux's campaign has been very rewarding, but also frustrating at times, because I know what its going to take before someone in Martin Hall finally says, "Maybe we should take a serious look at this."

Our university gave John (a good guy but someone with no real ties to UL or the community) access to all of us to start Krewe Allons. I was fine with Krewe Allons constantly asking fans for money in hopes that we see a good return on our investments. A year later, that collective wasn't able to keep some of our biggest star players, one of our top coaches, and the guy who started it all is now gone.

Meanwhile, a FAN who is FROM the community, an ALUMNUS, a Lafayette working ARTIST, advocate, activist, enthusiast, and bleeds vermillion and white has put in hundreds of hours of work for free. And to this day I haven't asked the university, or its fans, FOR A DIME. The only thing I have ever wanted with Albineaux is the support of the community and to see the success of the University of Louisiana.

Albineaux , and myself, will never transfer out, or leave for a better (or arguably worse) job. That's why it's important that someone in the Office of Communication finally give us the time of day; and give all the Ragin Cajun fans something that will stay at UL forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Posted on 6/20/24 at 4:48 pm to WPBTiger
    Advocate has a first pass at potential candidates.

LINK

Habetz-Crowley Native, Former UL great and Assistant Coach
    Rick Fremin-SELU HC 298-181 at SELU, and a Belle Chase native
    James Landreneau-McNeese HC 278-161 record. Multiple recent post season berths. 5 40 win seasons.
    Howard Dobson-LSU assistant/hitting coach. 93-128-2 record as head coach at Souther Miss. I'm sure many tiger fans would love this hire
    Mark Montgomery- Former La Tech coach. Kentucky native recently resigned from Maryland HC gig for "personal reasons". 38-19 while a Maryland
    Mike Roberts-Former UL pitching coach under Glasco, Served same role at Oregon, Washington, and Virginia. HC for one season in Buffalo (2018).

I hope and pray it's not Howard Dobson, but know it will probably be Maggard's pick. All the other coaches had winning careers except for Dobson. And he will come with an LaSU stank.
    Mike Roberts quit on us mid season. F that dude.

Most but not all folks think that way.

This.

I want our sports to succeed and be nationally relevant, and I’ll continue to contribute to the Spring sports, on the fence for football.

But I’ve got college tuitions to pay. I’m not throwing that money at some athlete who is already getting a free tuition, meal, books and housing ride.

Not sorry.

11. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The problem is the US Supreme Court has basically said that an athletes right the make money is a constitutional right so that necessarily makes the rule against using NIL to recruit a moot rule.
    Unless the IRS digs in, and after a certain amount of deductions that lead to no gains, and less taxes paid, they may start to question.one can hope at least

Very possible we have a new head coach by Tuesday is what I am hearing. Don't ask who the source is, the source is me.

Perfectly said

Davis now in the portal.

Ellestad now in portal.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information