Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Chloe will be in the portal later today. It is a long shot but Vic and Chloe could still change their mind. Gerry has to win sooner rather than later. To do this he needs players. He will be aggressive to get proven players to follow him.
    Thank you for the updates

Which Sam. Three of them on the roster.
    I presume UL_Cajuns was referrring to Sam Landry when he said "I'm sure Same will be gone also."

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    It is not only the university that did not deliver, it is on the fans as well for not putting up the NIL dollars required. That being said, I do not blame the fans for refusing to pay players directly. If you do not own a business there is no direct benefit to contributing to NIL ventures as there is no tax or RCAF points advantage. Benefit is seeing your team succeed. That may not be a high enough priority in some people's lives. I understand the point made by others that they would let programs did before donating to NIL efforts. I think part of our culture here is a reluctance to pay athletes directly as some may feel the scholarships are sufficient compensation.
    Thanks, Mike, for saying what is not being said here. We hired a person to raise NIL money, he left because he couldn't raise enough money for football and basketball. But Maggard is supposed to fund Softball with more money? Softball has the highest budget in the SBC for its sport. I don't know what kind of fundraising Glasco did while he was here, but I do know that Deggs has been beating the bushes for money to build the new locker rooms at the Tigue. He talks about it all the time and I attended one meeting with a number of Diamond Club supporters where he mentioned how they were approaching raising funds for that project. Maggard was not present for that meeting.

Maggard has already stated what their goals are right now, it's the completion of the Football Stadium project, both the grandstand and East side eventually. It's up to the fanbase to help raise NIL money and if they are not, they shouldn't be complaining about funding.

When Glasco told a supporter early in the spring that he needed $500K in NIL contributions to remain in the Top 25. He was told that would never happen here, it wasn't happening for Football or Basketball. He had an unrealistic number in his head. I don't know what Maggard promised or didn't promise. I do know that it's not only softball, but football and basketball as well have fallen short on NIL. This is why each program continues to have recruiting fundraisers. Football has announced another coming up with Sam Landers and a few others soon.

If people want to really be proactive, then when the next coach has recruiting fundraisers and needs NIL Money, get involved. It's a lot more productive than complaining about it on a fan site.

4. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Thanks, Mike, for saying what is not being said here. We hired a person to raise NIL money, he left because he couldn't raise enough money for football and basketball. But Maggard is supposed to fund Softball with more money? Softball has the highest budget in the SBC for its sport. I don't know what kind of fundraising Glasco did while he was here, but I do know that Deggs has been beating the bushes for money to build the new locker rooms at the Tigue. He talks about it all the time and I attended one meeting with a number of Diamond Club supporters where he mentioned how they were approaching raising funds for that project. Maggard was not present for that meeting.

Maggard has already stated what their goals are right now, it's the completion of the Football Stadium project, both the grandstand and East side eventually. It's up to the fanbase to help raise NIL money and if they are not, they shouldn't be complaining about funding.

When Glasco told a supporter early in the spring that he needed $500K in NIL contributions to remain in the Top 25. He was told that would never happen here, it wasn't happening for Football or Basketball. He had an unrealistic number in his head. I don't know what Maggard promised or didn't promise. I do know that it's not only softball, but football and basketball as well have fallen short on NIL. This is why each program continues to have recruiting fundraisers. Football has announced another coming up with Sam Landers and a few others soon.

If people want to really be proactive, then when the next coach has recruiting fundraisers and needs NIL Money, get involved. It's a lot more productive than complaining about it on a fan site.
    I have been saying this for some time now and getting lambasted on this board

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    While a lot of what you state here was true, why aren't you mentioning the dinosaur that was running this university at the time and ran off a number of good coaches? While I didn't like the way she behaved during her departure, no one discusses what the individual that basically help destroy his own athletic program cutting his baseball program, football program and others. When you look at the entire picture, it doesn't pant a pretty picture of either side.
    This.

Didn’t Coach Girouard later even say she regretted and wished she could take back some of the things she said and did in the aftermath? I’m Martin Hall never regretted the way they pretty much ignored what she did and built without their support.

At the time she left, you had an era of three successful Spring coaches having to be successful in spite of university “leadership”, Robe, Girouard and Lancon in Track.

One stayed, one left, and one sadly passed away too dang early.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    It is not only the university that did not deliver, it is on the fans as well for not putting up the NIL dollars required. That being said, I do not blame the fans for refusing to pay players directly. If you do not own a business there is no direct benefit to contributing to NIL ventures as there is no tax or RCAF points advantage. Benefit is seeing your team succeed. That may not be a high enough priority in some people's lives. I understand the point made by others that they would let programs did before donating to NIL efforts. I think part of our culture here is a reluctance to pay athletes directly as some may feel the scholarships are sufficient compensation.
    You are saying it's on the fans for not putting up dollars required and then you are saying you don't blame them for not paying players directly. Which is it?

Justin Mcleod just put out a list of candidates on the D1 site for the Cajuns job. Kristen Zaleski, Rodney DeLong, Joe Guthrie, Shellie Landry, Mark Montgomery, Jimmy Kolaitis, Howard Dobson, Rick Fremin, James Landreneau, Alyson Habetz. This is his list of potential candidates which doesn't mean any of them will be hired.

8. Default Re: UL Softball

You are saying it's on the fans for not putting up dollars required and then you are saying you don't blame them for not paying players directly. Which is it?
    JMV, it's not an either/or, it's an if/and. People don't believe in paying kids, but only fans can make it happen.

It's both and I understand the polarizing situation for each supporter.

9. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    JMV, it's not an either/or, it's an if/and. People don't believe in paying kids, but only fans can make it happen.

sorry, but it is an either/or

unless we are willing to put up/raise NIL, all sports at Louisiana will begin to compete at a lower talent level and thus a lower level all together

it’s a fact jack

I don't want to speak for Mike, but it was very clear to me. He stated that they should support the program more financially, but he doesn't blame them because giving NIL money is equivalent to paying athletes directly.

BTW, Mike is in the Diamond Club, Rebounders Club and QB Club. He is also retired.

Justin Mcleod just put out a list of candidates on the D1 site for the Cajuns job. Kristen Zaleski, Rodney DeLong, Joe Guthrie, Shellie Landry, Mark Montgomery, Jimmy Kolaitis, Howard Dobson, Rick Fremin, James Landreneau, Alyson Habetz. This is his list of potential candidates which doesn't mean any of them will be hired.
    It's D1 Softball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post

Exactly

The question to me is do we have enough fans with F U money to actually make a difference in NIL?

If we did I don’t think we’d have the attendance issues we’ve had since prices went up for everything.

Posted on 6/20/24 at 4:48 pm to WPBTiger
    Advocate has a first pass at potential candidates.

LINK

Habetz-Crowley Native, Former UL great and Assistant Coach
    Rick Fremin-SELU HC 298-181 at SELU, and a Belle Chase native
    James Landreneau-McNeese HC 278-161 record. Multiple recent post season berths. 5 40 win seasons.
    Howard Dobson-LSU assistant/hitting coach. 93-128-2 record as head coach at Souther Miss. I'm sure many tiger fans would love this hire
    Mark Montgomery- Former La Tech coach. Kentucky native recently resigned from Maryland HC gig for "personal reasons". 38-19 while a Maryland
    Mike Roberts-Former UL pitching coach under Glasco, Served same role at Oregon, Washington, and Virginia. HC for one season in Buffalo (2018).

I hope and pray it's not Howard Dobson, but know it will probably be Maggard's pick. All the other coaches had winning careers except for Dobson. And he will come with an LaSU stank.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

LINK

James Landreneau-McNeese HC 278-161 record. Multiple recent post season berths. 5 40 win seasons.
    Howard Dobson-LSU assistant/hitting coach. 93-128-2 record as head coach at Souther Miss. I'm sure many tiger fans would love this hire
    Mark Montgomery- Former La Tech coach. Kentucky native recently resigned from Maryland HC gig for "personal reasons". 38-19 while at Maryland

LINK

Mark Montgomery- Former La Tech coach. Kentucky native recently resigned from Maryland HC gig for "personal reasons". 38-19 while at Maryland
    Mike Roberts-Former UL pitching coach under Glasco, Served same role at Oregon, Washington, and Virginia. HC for one season in Buffalo (2018).

I hope and pray it's not Howard Dobson, but know it will probably be Maggard's pick. All the other coaches had winning careers except for Dobson. And he will come with an LaSU stank.
    Why do you say, you know Maggard will pick Dobson? Or did I misunderstand your post?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Why do you say, you know Maggard will pick Dobson? Or did I misunderstand your post?
    Because he would be the one I would like least to be the next head coach. Just a kind of my luck thing.

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread Information