Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

1. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    100% accurate.

It makes you wonder why money is being spent to renovate stadiums and upgrade facilities, etc. A few years ago, that was the one chance to compete at the G5 level. I’m not sure that’s possible anymore. I certainly don’t want to just give up, but unless some miracle P4 invite comes, you’re basically at a point of just spinning your wheels.

This calendar school year…

Football: One G5 school gets invited to the party with a NY6 bowl invite (not an actual chance at a title, but at least on the stage). Liberty got smashed 45-6

Basketball: Neither the men’s Elite 8, nor the women’s elite 8 had a single G5 school

Baseball: Omaha is the Elite 8. Only the SEC and the ACC were represented.

Softball: No G5s in OKC. In fact, there were no G5 schools that even made a Super Regional.

And with the new ability for the P4 to fund full rides for all players PLUS pay the players while they’re there…does anyone think this is gonna get better for the G5?

I HATE what college sports has become, but anybody who’s paying attention can see that any hopes at all for postseason glory for a G5 school, which was already pretty slim, is bordering on extinction.
    Many of those extra spending p4 teams will be losers, likely 50pct, so then what? There has to be another purpose behind this spending amd what it is for, especially since no profits are ever saved, 100pct in,105pct out it seems

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Advertising!

College player thought process: 'If he can coach Pro Players he can coach ME!'
    UL turned 2 star players such as ike taylor and jake delhomme into hall of fame caliber and super bowl caliber players, that information has been out there for decades, yet it doesnt move the needle. Look how many 5 stars that S-E-C schools have squandered and not made it to the pros

Default Re: UL Softball

Advertising!

College player thought process: 'If he can coach Pro Players he can coach ME!'
    He was the coach filling out the lineup card. No actual coaching was going on. He said that himself.

With the settlement between the NCAA and "P5" that essentially allows schools to directly pay athletes, I'm guessing the way forward for schools like us is going to be for every ticket sold to have an athletes' fund fee applied. There will be a lot of people (me included) that don't have the funds or stomach to pay directly into a collective. But I won't really blink twice at a hopefully meager fee applied to each ticket.

Would encourage programs to push for ticket sales and attendance. Win/win.

5. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He was the coach filling out the lineup card. No actual coaching was going on. He said that himself.
    Still advertising, no two ways about it, kept his name in the softball conversation year round. No such thing as a cold call with HS players who were keeping up with their sport.

Your point adds to why he is 100% about reruiting.

The better the player, the less his coaching decisions matter.

NIL is bigger than salary with Glasco

6. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    UL turned 2 star players such as ike taylor and jake delhomme into hall of fame caliber and super bowl caliber players, that information has been out there for decades, yet it doesnt move the needle. Look how many 5 stars that S-E-C schools have squandered and not made it to the pros
    You have no idea how many good players chose Louisiana because of knowing the schools name due to Delhomme an Tillman.

Too many people still worry about a coach leaving. If you have successful programs that’s what happens. The AD has to earn his money and continue to go after the best coaching talent.

I want us replacing every coach every 4 years. That’s means they either won big and moved on or failed and we made a change. A coach should never be hired for the idea of them staying forever.

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Too many people still worry about a coach leaving. If you have successful programs that’s what happens. The AD has to earn his money and continue to go after the best coaching talent.

I want us replacing every coach every 4 years. That’s means they either won big and moved on or failed and we made a change. A coach should never be hired for the idea of them staying forever.
    POW!

Great point

You're exactly right, Clutch

I'm just wondering what high school coach our AD is thinking of hiring next.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    With the settlement between the NCAA and "P5" that essentially allows schools to directly pay athletes, I'm guessing the way forward for schools like us is going to be for every ticket sold to have an athletes' fund fee applied. There will be a lot of people (me included) that don't have the funds or stomach to pay directly into a collective. But I won't really blink twice at a hopefully meager fee applied to each ticket.

Would encourage programs to push for ticket sales and attendance. Win/win.
    Folks complained about ticket masters fees.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I'm just wondering what high school coach our AD is thinking of hiring next.
    Maybe he has thought about Justin.

AD should take a pay cut when your department is
    8 million in the red

14. Default Re: UL Softball

You have no idea how many good players chose Louisiana because of knowing the schools name due to Delhomme an Tillman.
    Read it again. Not complaining about them, but clearly it wasnt more than the 5 stars that kept choosing p5 just to have their value lowered

15. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    AD should take a pay cut when your department is
    8 million in the red
    Checks notes: but everyone on here seems to want to spend more

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information