Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Even after nearly 20 years of the money conferences deciding to invest in the sport.
    Our coach just left for equal pay at a perennial loser in softball, all because they promised they can commit NIL money to his team

He asked the same of our university, and our response was "we tried but the guy doing it took a job as a basketball coach somewhere else. you know of anybody who might want to run it for us?"

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Our coach just left for equal pay at a perennial loser in softball, all because they promised they can commit NIL money to his team

He asked the same of our university, and our response was "we tried but the guy doing it took a job as a basketball coach somewhere else. you know of anybody who might want to run it for us?"
    Are you sure the reason you gave for him leaving is the REAL REASON? Or, are you making an assumption? I think there will be more details on his departure that will eventually come out which may corroborate your statement or possibly throw shade on it. Time will tell, like it always does.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    that together with free transfer and NIL

the big boys have the money to rebuild every year and the athletes don’t have to sit out anymore to go where the money is and/or the talent to compete for a national championship.

If you paid attention to the lineup and pitching for the MCWS in baseball and the WCWS in softball, you notice that many of the star players transferred into the good teams.

So, a school like Louisiana who used to develop talent now can’t keep them once they show promise and they have little to no money comparatively to retain talent or compete in the portal for talent.
    100% accurate.

It makes you wonder why money is being spent to renovate stadiums and upgrade facilities, etc. A few years ago, that was the one chance to compete at the G5 level. I’m not sure that’s possible anymore. I certainly don’t want to just give up, but unless some miracle P4 invite comes, you’re basically at a point of just spinning your wheels.

This calendar school year…

Football: One G5 school gets invited to the party with a NY6 bowl invite (not an actual chance at a title, but at least on the stage). Liberty got smashed 45-6

Basketball: Neither the men’s Elite 8, nor the women’s elite 8 had a single G5 school

Baseball: Omaha is the Elite 8. Only the SEC and the ACC were represented.

Softball: No G5s in OKC. In fact, there were no G5 schools that even made a Super Regional.

And with the new ability for the P4 to fund full rides for all players PLUS pay the players while they’re there…does anyone think this is gonna get better for the G5?

I HATE what college sports has become, but anybody who’s paying attention can see that any hopes at all for postseason glory for a G5 school, which was already pretty slim, is bordering on extinction.

4. Default Re: UL Softball

I have zero problem with richer schools paying more for coach's, unis, facilities etc.
    It's the paying of players and especially the ability to hop around that is the problem. And it's not even the paying of players(they should get paid) as much as it is the highest bidder BS.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Are you sure the reason you gave for him leaving is the REAL REASON? Or, are you making an assumption? I think there will be more details on his departure that will eventually come out which may corroborate your statement or possibly throw shade on it. Time will tell, like it always does.
    This is where I'm at.

It could be a part of it, but we were still competing in softball even with a huge question mark in the NIL stuff. The team was stacked for next year. I'm not buying that NIL resources were the reason you'd take a step down to a team that's a total build from the foundation.

The guy is 65. You can't imagine he is going to coach for much longer. The move seems stranger and stranger.

The guy is 65. You can't imagine he is going to coach for much longer. The move seems stranger and stranger.
    If Glasco takes Landry and a couple of our good hitters with him, how confident are you we beat Texas Tech head to head?

The tech job is less pay.

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Glasco is 100% about recruiting.

His summer league coaching stints were for just that.

This is where I'm at.

It could be a part of it, but we were still competing in softball even with a huge question mark in the NIL stuff. The team was stacked for next year. I'm not buying that NIL resources were the reason you'd take a step down to a team that's a total build from the foundation.

It will all come out in the wash soon. The real reason he isn't at UL anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Glasco is 100% about recruiting.

His summer league coaching stints were for just that.
    Really? He recruited pro players to come play college ball for UL?

This is where I'm at.

Great post and accurate.

If Glasco takes Landry and a couple of our good hitters with him, how confident are you we beat Texas Tech head to head?
    Couldn’t say. Have to see who we lose, who our coach and assistants are and what players they bring in.

13. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Lol

14. Default Re: UL Softball

I wish i understood what these old geezers still spend money on once social security eligible

15. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Advertising!

College player thought process: 'If he can coach Pro Players he can coach ME!'

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information