Thread: Glasco leaving

1. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Like this one
    "offered" does not mean he accepted that particular offer. If true

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    A $70k bump in pay is something
    I agree, but it was posited that increased NIL was his main motivation.

Default Re: UL Softball

He also had a $40K per year Annuity.

Foote's article quoted Glasco as saying players at UL's level are getting 15-25k in NLI money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Foote's article quoted Glasco as saying players at UL's level are getting 15-25k in NLI money.
    That would be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "offered" does not mean he accepted that particular offer. If true
    Seems some folks don't know the difference in offered and accepted pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree, but it was posited that increased NIL was his main motivation.
    Didn’t someone post it cost GG 60k to go? Throw in federal taxes, looks like a draw.

Wow. Just read this entire thread after being away for a while. I’m drained!

I liked GG and happy for what he did while he was here, but he’s now the enemy.

Welcome home Alyson!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

For anybody that cares. There will be an official introductory press conference with new Texas Tech Softball head coach Gerry Glasco today at 10:45 a.m. It is planned to be live streamed. Stay tuned to team/university pages for more information.

10. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Wow. Just read this entire thread after being away for a while. I’m drained!

I liked GG and happy for what he did while he was here, but he’s now the enemy.

Welcome home Alyson!! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    So, if we were successful in implementing something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    In this changing landscape of college athletics, unless we suddenly get an influx of heavy donors, I hope we become THE place where the up and coming coaching stars come to launch themselves into a P4 job. I'll take a great young coach every 4-6 years that comes here and shows he is a star worthy of poaching. If we can't be the school with boatload of money to buy the big time players, give me the young hotshot coach every 4-6 years that can keep us at the top of G5
    Each departing coach would be some special enemy other then just being the HC of an opponent?

I wonder how long that would work?

PS Neither Glasco or Alyson would admit, and neither should, that Glasco may have stepped away for Alyson to take over. Every coach we play is an enemy.

Every departing coach will compete for the athletes they recruited here. It is the nature of the then created relationships and the business once they step away.

If the coach leaves because of success, they will always be going to a place that is more financially capable of competing for athletes. They now have a new gig with expectations placed upon them.

It has always been the nature of the relationship but what has changed since about the time Napier left is that in the past, it has not been so easy as it is now to bring athletes with the departing successful coach because of free transferability without sitting out and NIL.

We can only effect what we control. We need to focus on our house to make it better not bitter. Today we have about as great an opportunity to continue to succeed in softball as was out there with a great, highly qualified coach who for her whole life has dreamed of being the HC of the Louisiana Ragin Cajun Softball team. I am quite sure her dreams did not have included free transfers and NIL in them, but she has chosen to overcome that hill, so we should do the same which may include thanking Glasco for what he has given us to bridge to Alyson and thanking him for stepping away no matter what the circumstances may be for about as orderly of a coaching change as possible to occur. Going forward, he, like every opposing coach we face will be an enemy, but not a special enemy . . .

Finally, the only other possibility for this coaching change without competition for athletes would have been for Louisiana and Alyson to sit around and wait until Glasco was ready to retire. Do we believe that would have been a better solution?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So, if we were successful in implementing something like this:

Each departing coach would be some special enemy other then just being the HC of an opponent?

I wonder how long that would work?

PS Neither Glasco or Alyson would admit, and neither should, that Glasco may have stepped away for Alyson to take over. Every coach we play is an enemy.

Every departing coach will compete for the athletes they recruited here. It is the nature of the then created relationships and the business once they step away.

If the coach leaves because of success, they will always be going to a place that is more financially capable of competing for athletes. They now have a new gig with expectations placed upon them.

It has always been the nature of the relationship but what has changed since about the time Napier left is that in the past, it has not been so easy as it is now to bring athletes with the departing successful coach because of free transferability without sitting out and NIL.

We can only effect what we control. We need to focus on our house to make it better not bitter. Today we have about as great an opportunity to continue to succeed in softball as was out there with a great, highly qualified coach who for her whole life has dreamed of being the HC of the Louisiana Ragin Cajun Softball team. I am quite sure her dreams did not have included free transfers and NIL in them, but she has chosen to overcome that hill, so we should do the same which may include thanking Glasco for what he has given us to bridge to Alyson and thanking him for stepping away no matter what the circumstances may be for about as orderly of a coaching change as possible to occur. Going forward, he, like every opposing coach we face will be an enemy, but not a special enemy . . .

Finally, the only other possibility for this coaching change without competition for athletes would have been for Louisiana and Alyson to sit around and wait until Glasco was ready to retire. Do we believe that would have been a better solution?
    One of your best posts.

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    One of your best posts.
    ……His post kinda puts the whole situation together….so what is the current situation going forward for UL softball…we are given a new coach with a world of assistant winning tradition…a coach with incredible intrinsic motivational qualities that will surely help in recruiting…facilities just about as good as anybody…a storied history of success……a culture that young ladies are thrilled to be a part of being…so we are left with the negatives of possibly conference and the ugly NIL to compete with in the future…I’m hitching along for the ride……welcome home lady, we got cha back!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    He also spent almost 20 years of his life in west Texas, about an Hour from Lubbock, that part got left out too. He mentioned retiring there.
    Doesn’t matter. Some just want to hate on the man despite him being a great rep for our school and program while he was employed here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Didn’t someone post it cost GG 60k to go? Throw in federal taxes, looks like a draw.
    No state income taxes.

Also hefty property taxes

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 . LastLast

Thread Information