Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

UL Softball Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    They looked to be managing okay without it. At least up until now. Top ranked recruiting classes. More talent coming in. No big contributors leaving. Louisiana has been a destination.

In a few years it may be different but they were weathering the storm pretty darn well if you ask me.

More NIL deals being the driving factor to leave for a losing program seems insane.
    I have already posted this, but it bears repeating. Texas Tech has the # 2 recruiting class in the country coming in this fall. They lost only 1 of 8 recruits with the coaching change. Glasco has, at a minimum, $10,000 per player in NIL [with more promised] to throw at recruits and transfers from the portal. He will quickly fill the roster with very good players. Texas and Oklahoma are no longer in the Big XII, giving Tech a window to rise in the conference standings in what will still be the # 2 Softball conference in the country. Within 2 years, Texas Tech will be at or near the top of the Big XII softball standings.

I am in no way defending Glasco's leaving without notifying his players in advance, if that happened, but he did not leave here for a program that will be a loser after he arrives.

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    were they athletes
    Only 'student' athletes.
    Checks notes the supreme court itself's pay is limited. Scratching my head

“The job is not worth doing for what they pay,” Thomas would say at a speech the next year, and he pressed repeatedly to lift the ban, imposed in 1989, on justices’ accepting honoraria for speeches.
    The chief justice is earning $298,500 this year, associate justices $285,400. Federal appeals court judges make $246,600.
    Consider that young lawyers fresh off a Supreme Court clerkship can join big law firms and pocket signing bonuses approaching $500,000 — that on top of salaries around $300,000. That doesn’t include year-end bonuses

3. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I have already posted this, but it bears repeating. Texas Tech has the # 2 recruiting class in the country coming in this fall. They lost only 1 of 8 recruits with the coaching change. Glasco has, at a minimum, $10,000 per player in NIL [with more promised] to throw at recruits and transfers from the portal. He will quickly fill the roster with very good players. Texas and Oklahoma are no longer in the Big XII, giving Tech a window to rise in the conference standings in what will still be the # 2 Softball conference in the country. Within 2 years, Texas Tech will be at or near the top of the Big XII softball standings.

I am in no way defending Glasco's leaving without notifying his players in advance, if that happened, but he did not leave here for a program that will be a loser after he arrives.
    So the portal doesnt open for last season's texas tech players?

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    That's what I mean it's insane for anybody to believe that is why. Nobody would just leave like that strictly because of NIL opportunities.
    I get it now. Yes.

Like others have said. More to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Lamson is rarely an empty stadium.
    I didnt say it was empty, but our actual attendance numbers were nowhere close to reported attendance this year -- in either diamond sport.

I don't know a single person or family our age that bought season tickets for diamond sports. Everyone who went to games did so because they got tickets from their boss or a family member.

UL's fanbase is shrinking -- even in the sports once thought to be immune from it -- and because of it the pool of money available to keep us competitive is shrinking as well. On the other hand Texas Tech is exploding

6. Default Re: UL Softball

actual butts in the seats at Russo has pretty much been like Jax has described since Russo opened except for games like the last series this year and LSU where it is better but not nearly as announced even for those games

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

The two founders and co-CEOs of Double Eagle are Tech grads, with one of them, Cody Campbell (Cody Campbell Field) having played football there. Either his wife or a daughter played softball at Tech.

Hence the desire to want to pump some money into the Tech softball program after he’s already put a ton into football.

Must be nice to receive them oilfield donations!

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The two founders and co-CEOs of Double Eagle are Tech grads, with one of them, Cody Campbell (Cody Campbell Field) having played football there. Either his wife or a daughter played softball at Tech.

Hence the desire to want to pump some money into the Tech softball program after he’s already put a ton into football.
    that is what you call a money tree

we don’t have a money tree

without a money tree it is almost impossible to compete with those that have a money tree now thst there is free transfer without sitting and NIL

face it, the barriers which existed with one year sit out rules and under the table payments have been removed

even those barriers allowed us to compete in the diamond sports and at least in football with players that needed development at least until they developed before they are poached

now they are just taken immediately upon showing talent

9. Default Re: UL Softball

The great "Talent Graveyard" just expanded exponentially

10. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The great "Talent Graveyard" just expanded exponentially
    with free transfer they only have to sit one year as opposed to two in the graveyard

11. Default Re: UL Softball

What is double eagle?
    Shouldnt it be called ACE?

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Doea ncaa sanction slow pitch and fastpitch?

13. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    with free transfer they only have to sit one year as opposed to two in the graveyard
    Good but someone new will always be in the process of joining the bench. The more they poach the more the graveyard grows.

There is a development opportunity in there for the ransacked to find some mighty fine talent.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    What is double eagle?
    Shouldnt it be called ACE?
    Double Eagle is an E&P company that has made out well in the Permian Basin.

DoubleEagleDevelopment.com

I have no clue what your ACE question is about or where that comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Doea ncaa sanction slow pitch and fastpitch?
    Give them time, they will.

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 . LastLast

Thread Information