Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I think he's a narcissist. He apparently went to tx tech and met that team before telling the team he coached for 7 years. That ain't right.
    It’s just wild disheartening and disrespectful for what we knew as Gerry Glasco while he was here. At least tell your players first.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It’s just wild disheartening and disrespectful for what we knew as Gerry Glasco while he was here. At least tell your players first.
    I agree. JMV indicated that there may be more that happened with Glasco and it will come out at some point

I’d bet he told a few…

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    They looked to be managing okay without it. At least up until now. Top ranked recruiting classes. More talent coming in. No big contributors leaving. Louisiana has been a destination.

In a few years it may be different but they were weathering the storm pretty darn well if you ask me.

More NIL deals being the driving factor to leave for a losing program seems insane.
    Do you really believe the last sentence on your post?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’d bet he told a few…
    Like in a few that hit the portal????

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Do you really believe the last sentence on your post?
    It’s my opinion, so yes.

With everything UL had back next year, a coach leaves this late in his career for basically the same salary but on the promises that he’ll have NIL to give players?

He built his version of the program with little to none. Why jump now to start from scratch? He was doing extremely well without buying payers. He could have waited and bought players in the SEC or ACC if that opportunity opened and continued to enjoy success in Lafayette.

It’s my opinion, so yes.

With everything UL had back next year, a coach leaves this late in his career for basically the same salary but on the promises that he’ll have NIL to give players?

He built his version of the program with little to none. Why jump now to start from scratch? He was doing extremely well without buying payers. He could have waited and bought players in the SEC or ACC if that opportunity opened and continued to enjoy success in Lafayette.
    I still believe there is more to the story.

8. Default Re: UL Softball

I suspect we will find out that over the last couple of years there were players he recruited that he was unable to bring home because of lack of NIL which could have made the difference between the success here and a potential WCWS appearance and that he may have found out there were a couple he managed to get here thst he was fixing to lose for the same reason.

It’s my opinion, so yes.

That's what I mean it's insane for anybody to believe that is why. Nobody would just leave like that strictly because of NIL opportunities.

I still believe there is more to the story.
    Hummm

There are people who prefer Lubbock to Lafayette. Texas to Louisiana. Watching your football team play in front of 50k+ every game, instead of 5k etc

In today's world, the prevailing attitude seems to be "i don't owe my school/team/boss/etc a damn thing -- they don't own me"

I'm speaking more to the players that leave for greener pastures. We always respond with "good luck getting no playing time!" But to many of these people, riding the bench for Alabama is still better than playing in front of empty stadiums against nobody schools at UL

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    the problem with this limitation is the limitation

the Supreme Court said that an athletes right to make money is a constitutional right

they didn’t say it was kind of a constitutional right

so any limitation on that constitutional right is a violation of the co stitution

it is kind of like being a little bit pregnant

that concept is not available in pregnancy not is it available in NIL

hope that helps many of you understand

I know many will never accept it, however the refusal to accept it will continually limit the potential success of Louisiana athletics

there are no if’s ands or butts about it
    The Supreme Court has also in the past limited how money can be made.

13. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The Supreme Court has also in the past limited how money can be made.
    were they athletes

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    There are people who prefer Lubbock to Lafayette. Texas to Louisiana. Watching your football team play in front of 50k+ every game, instead of 5k etc

In today's world, the prevailing attitude seems to be "i don't owe my school/team/boss/etc a damn thing -- they don't own me"

I'm speaking more to the players that leave for greener pastures. We always respond with "good luck getting no playing time!" But to many of these people, riding the bench for Alabama is still better than playing in front of empty stadiums against nobody schools at UL
    Lamson is rarely an empty stadium.

15. Default Re: UL Softball

What happens when an NIL deal responsibilities conflicts with class time?
    What happens if a beer company wants to give an NIL deal to a player under 21?

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread Information