Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Can confirm: I ask Mr. Bobby if he could pull a Larry Dierker and come out of the radio booth and get back into the coaching arena. I even told him Coach Danny could probably help him. He wasn't interested. I wasn't really serious but figured I could ask.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    That's the first one. Hope she at least considers us when new coach is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    That's the first one. Hope she at least considers us when new coach is in place.
    Looks like MIA Norwood is sticking to her commitment.

What does committed/ commitment mean?
    I know… But unfortunately there is a generation of “me” people that don’t. (No thanks to the parentals) They have no idea what work really is… or that in the long term the reward for the hardest working and COMMITTED people far outweighs those easy/short-term benefits (NIL, or a 1st place ring)!

I want coaches (our Cajuns coaches) to find young men and women whose biggest luxury in life are parents that were successful in instilling those attributes. > John Taylor, Kyle Debarge, Duncan Pastore AND many more…

On a different note Taylor Roman to Ole Miss.

For those who are wanting reasons that Glasco went to Texas Tech, HERE ARE TWO:

1. They have the # 2 recruiting class in the country coming in this fall.
    2. Tech already has in place a 5 figure/player NIL deal for softball and has promised to increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

2. Tech already has in place a 5 figure/player NIL deal for softball and has promised to increase it.
    Not all of that class will make it to campus. He has already lost one commitment and one transfer.

9. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

two more:

1. half of the fan base will never be happy unless a Lotief is the HC

2. neither half of TRO fan base are willing to support softball with the necessary NIL to compete at the level demanded by the fan base

there, I said the rest

10. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Not all of that class will make it to campus. He has already lost one commitment and one transfer.
    it is easy to expect a change of heart if you were incoming and supposed to woman a position played by Davis, Valdez OR Elestad . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    two more:

1. half of the fan base will never be happy unless a Lotief is the HC

2. neither half of TRO fan base are willing to support softball with the necessary NIL to compete at the level demanded by the fan base

there, I said the rest

If that's the mindset required to be a fan- I see our fanbase dwindling quickly

If the right coach is hired, I think the money will come in.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    If the right coach is hired, I think the money will come in.
    You're sadly mistaken.Cajun Fans believe NIL stands for No Income Leaving.

There does appear to be a reluctance to fund NIL. Cultural? Otherwise there’s pretty significant $$ support of the University, including providing political capital to help.

I know it is what it is with this NIL garbage, but fans are not supposed to be FUNDING NIL.

Players are supposed to be able to capitalize on their Name, Image, or Likeness (NIL) via local business advertising, apparel sales, appearances/autograph sessions, etc.

The whole notion of a “collective” for NIL for recruiting purposes (or player retention) is completely ridiculous and heinously against NCAA rules.

I wish at some point the (neutered) NCAA would just come out and say they don’t have any intention of enforcing THESE rules and end the idiotic charade of programs buying players from other schools under the guise of “NIL”

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread Information