Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Alexa is also staying. What will the 3 Sams do???? Stay tuned
    Bro I am very in tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    All this talk about NIL and needing fans to step up and get some money together…you’re just wasting your breath. There is no money to give. And if there is, the ones who have it aren’t giving it. And I can’t say I blame anyone.

Season tickets
    Parking passes
    Tailgate spots
    Apparel
    Concessions
    RCAF donations

These things cost money. And now they need more money to pay the athletes? Yeah that’s a no from me. If anything I think our fans and donors are the ones with some sense for not forking out even more money to pay these 18 year old kids. Even if I did have the type of disposable income to make big NIL donations I wouldn’t do it. I would rather put it into the program.

On the other hand, I may be the dumb one for not being willing to keep up with the new age of college athletics.

This is all very new now, but I think after the 5th-7th year of the big donors at the big schools making huge NIL payments they might sit back and rethink it. IMO that is money much better spent elsewhere.
    Im right there with you. Season tickets to multiple sports, parking passes , RCAF fees etc etc

That’s all I’m willing and able to do

We seem to have the same small core group of fans/ alums . That base needs to grow

3. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Had someone with a pulse been growing rcaf the last decade, we’d have a fighting chance. Too many comfortable collecting a check around here.
    nothing would have changed . . . our fan base is our fan base and giving money for NIL is not in our fan base . . .

4. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Im right there with you. Season tickets to multiple sports, parking passes , RCAF fees etc etc

That’s all I’m willing and able to do
    and that’s fine, but don’t come here crying and blaming the administration . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Bro I am very in tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I'm not an insider and never said I proclaim to be, and I never said softball didn't need money or NIL help.

Here you go

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Nope. It's hard to believe they will not even wait until a new coach is named. Sad.
    That's my position on this situation too. Very sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Had someone with a pulse been growing rcaf the last decade, we’d have a fighting chance. Too many comfortable collecting a check around here.
    RCAF funds are completely different from NIL funds

And these entitled athletes expect us to pay? When athletics buildings fall apart because $$ is being used for 1 year of loyalty, things will change $$$ is always finite.

10. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What people fail to understand is that many of the people spending it are going to spend it anyhow. For instance GetGordan . . . if he uses his advertisement wisely, he can throw a good bit of it at NIL, pay less in advertisement costs and maximize the good will coming from it. Car dealers can do the same thing . . . so, all you folks who think it will end and that it’s not more economical to spend these dollars with the larger programs are just putting your head in the sand . . . it will do it continue to work and the haves will continue ue to have and the have nots will continue to have not . . . sorry for all the suckers who can’t see it . . .
    Get Gorden is always going to put his , money into the latest gimmick or toy.

When the toy gets boring the money will flow where it has the greatest impact.

Personally I don't see NIL having any advertising impact whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    RCAF funds are completely different from NIL funds
    I know you know better than this but here’s the explanation.

A strong RCAF makes it easier to pay coaches and then a much larger pool to go to for NIL dollars. They go hand and hand.

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    nothing would have changed . . . our fan base is our fan base and giving money for NIL is not in our fan base . . .
    That's on the administration.

You don't go to the fans for your main NIL.

You go to the egocentric for your main NIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Gordon pulls his NIL $ from his multiillon $ ad budget.I took a 5 figure budget hit this year because of it

14. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Gordon pulls his NIL $ from his multiillon $ ad budget.I took a 5 figure budget hit this year because of it
    you are proving my point

15. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

when you don’t get it, you don’t get it but that’s perfectly ok.

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information